NEED HELP FAST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP FAST

so after not talking to me for nearly 3 months my SO comes on skype. she tells me that shes sorry for completely disappearing. Then tells me that her parents kicked her out and she moved to florida and is living with a friend. She also dropped out of college. She was doing some drugs before but said that she has completely stopped now. All she does pretty much is work as a waitress. it seems like we both want to be together but know that we cant and that its just not going to work. i love her but i cant be with her. Shes at work right now and gets back at 11:30. I love this girl and always will but shes hurt me too much and i know if i stay with im gonna get even more hurt.
    WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Get rid of her. No matter what excuse she comes up with, there it no valid reason for not contacting you in three months!! Unless she moved to the middle or the forest thousands of miles from anything she could have easily used her friends computer, gone to an internet cafe or the library to let you know what was going on. If you get back together whose to say she won't up and disappear again? Cut your losses and move on.

Comment

I'm not trying to be rude or insensitive but since I do not know your backstory, why would you want to be with a girl who didn't talk to you for 3 months, moved without telling you, dropped out of college, and is/was doing drugs?

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I think you should go with your gut on this one, hun. The cycle of hurt really doesn't stop until you stop it. You guys have had some awesome moments, I'm sure, but remember you can love someone else like you love this girl after you heal. Everything will turn out okay.

Comment

first off how else did she hurt you apart from dissapearing for a while to sort herself out? i knw that sounds alil harsh, but mayb she needed the time alone to figure out what to do.. though i will agree with you if you say in response that she should have atleast called.

and how does her job come into it as a make or break factor? if you want to be together why not suggest she try waitressing in your area. your whole post sounds to me that there are underlying issues than this one act. talk to her, i am sure that if she does still care for you she'll see that you are distressed and willing to sort it out.

Comment

You already said it yourself... "it seems like we both want to be together but know that we cant and that its just not going to work. i love her but i cant be with her."

If you're just going to keep getting hurt in this relationship, then that's not healthy and you need to break up. No matter how hard it is!

sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but even with being kicked out and moving and all these days there is ALWAYS a way of getting on the internet...if she really loved you, she would have missed you and been wanting to talk to you about what's going on in her life and all this change...she would have desperately tried to get in touch with you...I would have anyway..
              to me that just sounds like a BS excuse to me..I'm sorry

Comment

Thanks guys. And dont worry about being rude. i appreciate it.

Comment

I'm sorry, I gotta agree with everyone else. Cut your losses and move on. Clearly this girl doesn't have her head screwed on straight right now, and as much as you want to stay with her, you can't. It's not worth getting hurt further.

Comment

I think I'll have to agree with the rest. 3 months without communication is too much, and if she was in trouble, she should've told you. I know that I'm kind of young and many wouldn't take my advice seriously, but I do think that there are always ways to use internet or something. I were in her place, telling my SO that my life is changing so much would be a priority in such a harsh moment.

I believe in forgiveness but there is a limit, because if it happens just too often and it is always you the one suffering, it becomes a little unfair.

Comment

I think you already & rationally understand that you should cut the relationship with her. You would not ask advices here if you believe you are the saver of her life. The point is how you convince yourself that there is no other choice if you can not keep the relationship. You should carefully think whether you and she would be a good partner for each other to improve both of your future life. The relationship someone mentally exploites another is not fair.

Comment

i pretty much agree with everyone. Personally, I would not get back with them if they did that to me. Trust your gut on this one and don't look back. Who says that if yall do get back togehter she won't randomly dissapear again?
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I just gotta say that as a recovering drug addict myself, I always found time in my very hazy day to call the man I love and reassure him that I'm still ok.

Comment

well after she came back from work last night we talked. I ended it. she did ask why i was being an ass but i think she understands. she also said she may come on skype to say hi every once in a while. idk if i really want her to do that though. im gonna miss her but after 3 months of no contact im kinda done missing her. im ready to move on. thanks for the help everybody, im probably not coming on lfad again even though i only posted like twice. anyways thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X