Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help :(

I'm really struggling at the moment

My SO and I have been together for a year and a half and he had to go away for work a couple of months ago. He should be back by May, so only three months, it could be worse, I know.

I just don't know what to do with myself, ever

I'm live in London with two girls, one who I'm really not getting on with any more - She's quite manipulative and tends to try to gang up on me a lot and puts me down all the time. She's very inconsiderate, and now my other housemate has begun to ignore me whenever she's around. I am broke, and had to quit my job because I couldn't make it fit with my uni work - i'm in my third year - and although my college work should keep me busy, I can't even find the motivation to do that.

I can't look forward to going out, as I have no money, and just find myself crying all the time and missing my SO with nothing to look forward to for the next 3 months.. I'm away from my Family and best friends, can't talk to my boyfriend too often as he's working so much and I feel like i'm waking up every day just to pass the time until I can go to sleep again to wake up and do the same the next day.

I don't want to vent too much to my SO because I know he hates being apart too and I don't want to make him feel bad either.

I just don't know how to feel ok with things, or pass the time more effectively and productively. Please Help x

Hey there! And hang on! I know what you are talking about and I relate to your words. I used to be like this, now it's happening for very short periods and not really often. But I understand why it's hard on you - being away from all dear and lovin - family, SO and friends. I doo understand the money problem and until you feel like you can do work with studies, it will be like this.

I guess you can try speak and go see new people from your university? Or did you try join some club? Maybe if you have the possibility to put little money aside for some activity that doesn't require a lot of cash? Go for long walks or go run (LONDON is just splendid and amazing city!) Go to all the free museums and find new activities like that. There are like....what, 40 free museums in London, art galleries and all. It's not much but it's still something to do in the free time. It's always interesting just to wander around and learn new things. If you have a photocamera why don't you try go and make some photography? Or just borrow someone's. Be creative. I know it's hard honey, but it's not that far away. Just hang on to what you have - the family, even if it's away it's still your family. Your SO, who is everyday more and more near you...... And do not let this b..... get on your moods! I hate people who think they are superior ! Just shut off your ears when she's around. And open your eyes for the little things in this moment. It's not always that you need money to do nice things. You will figure it out, I'm sure.
    If you need a friend - you got one in me!

Comment

I have these days too. I understand the money issue and the instability it causes. I force myself to get out of the house because just sitting there makes things worse. You need to find a coping mechanism that works for you. This would be something you do that calms you or makes you happy. I journal and write poetry when I feel overwhelmed. I hope you feel better soon. Depression can take over your life.

Comment

Im soo sorry that you are feeling down. I hope things get better....sending you a hug

Comment

Of course you having something to look forward to hun, the day he returns safe in your arms. Everyday that passes is just another day that you are closer to being with him and being happy as ever. It's so much easier when you start thinking positive about the present and the future. It's easier said than done but don't let your roommates tear you down, and even if they try to, brush it off because at the end of the day you're doing what you need to do to get on with your life. Don't let that negativity influence you and you'll start feeling better.

BTW theres nothing wrong with crying. Let it all out, let the pain exist your body so you can start feeling better.
          "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
          Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
          Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
          First Visit: December 7, 2017
          Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Can you look into volunteering somewhere, even for an hour/2 hours a week. It would get you out of the house and you might meet some new people! And its free (unless you need bus fare etc to get there). I also like the museum suggestion :P Science museum is my fav in london. Go to covent garden or southbank and watch a street performer? I sympathise with the living situation, its sooooo difficult living with people you dont get on with, unfortunatly you never really see peoples true colours until you move in with them. I've known it to ruin friendships It can become soooo isolating, but they have to realise it is your house too!!

With regards to the work, maybe set yourself achieveable goals, e.g. For every half an hour of work you do, you watch 10 mins of your fav TV show or something like that? Try finding new settings to do work in, like a couple of hours in a small coffee shop somewhere close or a new floor in the library? :P
            Si tu n'etais pas la
            Comment pourrais-je vivre
            Je ne connaitrais pas
            Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
            Quand je suis dans tes bras
            Mon coeur joyeux se livre
            Comment pourrais-je vivre
            Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
            Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Working...
            X