How do we get through this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we get through this??

I am supposed to be leaving on friday I visit my SO and yesterday as we were trying to figure out final details he said I should just save my money and not come. Long story short he wants to e with me and loves me but can't handle the distance, he said he feels alone and depressed because I'm not there. I don't know what to do. I still want to go see him and try to work this out. I don't want to give up on us just because of a temporary issue :/
    Any advice? How can I help him cope with the distance? How can I get him to think that it will work out and think about the future rather than thinking about how hard our current situation is?

How temporary is the distance issue? He may just be feeling down at this time or he may be having serious doubts and looking to move on. Sometimes LDR are just a slow and painful goodbye. I hope you work things out. I suggest being upfront and ask him to explain himself and what is thought process has been.

Comment

I would try to sit down and see if you can have a good conversation with him. Communication is key here. If you still plan to go, just be prepared to face those emotions he is saying he has. If he loves you like you said, maybe you two can look at the pros and cons of the situation and make a plan to fix everything. Make sure to let him explain everything, he just may need to vent and let things off his chest. LDRs are not an easy thing, but they are possible. See if there is anyway you two can visit more or communicate more often (without interfering with your life majorly). I know its not a comfortable position to be in, let us know how things go with the travels! Hope things work out!
      "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

He is probably just scared of you having to leave again, because it's very difficult separating from the ones you love. There are things that you can try and say to him to make him feel better, but he has to be in the right mental state in order to continue coping with the distance. In other words, the more often he thinks negative thoughts about the distance, the more displeased he will be with the thought of the distance. So maybe what you need to do is get him to start thinking positively, for instance thinking about how amazing the moment will be when you can finally be together for good. And that if he misses you so much, then he should let you come so that it's a little easier to cope with. Figure out specifically what he needs from you because you can help him still, even from miles away.

Me and my SO have been through so many mental malfunctions and the ultimate resolution for it is just to talk it out and try to help one another, as best you can, through whatever the issue is.
        "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
        Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
        Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
        First Visit: December 7, 2017
        Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Working...
        X