International Relationship Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Relationship Help!!!

I have no clue about immigration and all of that. The easy solution for her to be able to live her with me would be to get married but there is a problem. The US government does not recognize same sex marriages. Does anyone know what options we have?
    it's not a dream anymore, it's worth fighting for

My boy is from argentina and the easiest solution for him to move to the EU is also to get married but we dont want to, but we may have found another option. He can get a work permit to stay for as much as two years (plenty of time for us to ask for a longer permit), I have no idea how things work in the US but here that seemed to be the best option. I recommend going to the embassy and ask all kind of questions, that is very helpful!

Hope soon you find a solution to be together at last! Best wishes!!
    Enamorada de ti!!

Comment

Hi...my fiance and I are going through the visa right now. As for same sex marriage in the States, there are certain states that do perform same sex marriage.. so I'm pretty sure it is possible. You might want to do more research on that...states do not sure about the government though! Good Luck. If ya ever need help if you do get to the visa stage let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by dynomitegurl View Post
        Hi...my fiance and I are going through the visa right now. As for same sex marriage in the States, there are certain states that do perform same sex marriage.. so I'm pretty sure it is possible. You might want to do more research on that...states do not sure about the government though! Good Luck. If ya ever need help if you do get to the visa stage let me know!
        yeah i know some states recognize same sex marriage, but everywhere i've seen online says that the US Government does not. so i guess that isn't an option for us to use to get her to live here

Comment

Originally posted by amb85 View Post
          yeah i know some states recognize same sex marriage, but everywhere i've seen online says that the US Government does not. so i guess that isn't an option for us to use to get her to live here
          oh okay. well i hope you all can figure something out. Another way to try is ( we tried this with my bf) is have her come here and try to apply for jobs. They might hire her and take her on (so she can stay) through a work visa! Where is she from and yourself?

Comment

[QUOTE=dynomitegurl;14472]oh okay. well i hope you all can figure something out. Another way to try is ( we tried this with my bf) is have her come here and try to apply for jobs. They might hire her and take her on (so she can stay) through a work visa! QUOTE]

Thanks!

Comment

I'm not from the US, and I have no idea where Ecuador is. But I think it's fully lame that not being hetrosexual can cause such a problem.

Like others have said, there are work visas, though it can be difficult because you need to have an employer in the country you're moving to who is willing to sponsor you.

I'd say her best option is to try to get a study visa to go to college in the US. Everyone loves students

Or, if you really get desperate, pay one of your close male friends to marry her for a little while. There are always options if you want something enough. Don't give up!
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post

Or, if you really get desperate, pay one of your close male friends to marry her for a little while. There are always options if you want something enough. Don't give up!
                If it was me, I would not try to cheat the system...even though it is something you really want...I highly recommend doing it the legal way because if anyone found out, she could be deported for 10yrs. just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by dynomitegurl View Post
                  If it was me, I would not try to cheat the system...even though it is something you really want...I highly recommend doing it the legal way because if anyone found out, she could be deported for 10yrs. just my opinion!
                  i agree...I wouldn't want to risk that

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                    I think it's fully lame that not being hetrosexual can cause such a problem.

Like others have said, there are work visas, though it can be difficult because you need to have an employer in the country you're moving to who is willing to sponsor you.

I'd say her best option is to try to get a study visa to go to college in the US. Everyone loves students

I know its totally ridiculous. That would make my life so much easier. Just get married and that would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by amb85 View Post
                      yeah she mentioned trying to beat the system and i told her it wasn't worth it. Let's say she was to get a study visa...when she is done school then what? does she have to go back?

yes but by then maybe she would have found a job to get a work visa? i'm not sure exactly but i think a study visa will be the best option so that you two could be together for now and figure everything out while she's here

Comment

well like i said in the email that i sent you, do alot of research on this. Call them, email them and see what your options are. its a pain in the ass but very worth it in the end

Comment

Working...
                        X