Oh it's what you do to me
    What you do to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPibEnf3tgM
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

A thousand miles seems pretty far
    But they've got planes and trains and cars
    I'd walk to you if I had no other way

This song... this is my song with D...

When we fell in love 3 years ago.. this song just came out.. and he would sing it to me on the phone... This song will always remind me of him I love it so much!
    \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
    \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
    \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

I'm pretty sure he wrote this song for a girl that turned him down cause she had a boyfriend already but promised he'd write her a song, but I still like the song. Just funny how it came to be.

Comment

My SO sang this to me with his friend playing guitar. It was amazing, made me tear up big time >.< great song, love it, always have <3

Comment

I love this song

Comment

Though it may be a good LDR song. He met the girl and she eventually blew him off. THEN! When that song got famous she called the writer of the song/lead singer of the band and only then did she want something from him.

So good song... but not the best story.
            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Such a pretty song indeed! When my SO was going to leave, it casually came out on the radio and I smiled...(although I cried too.)

Comment

Plain White T's are my shit. I've loved them since before Hey There Delilah came out. It was my song since that day. One cute little freshman used to follow me around singing it with his guitar when I was a senior.

I've seen them twice in concert. They started out really good, but their last CD was really bad.

I also heard a different story about it's origins. When the lead singer was interviewed, he said he never had feelings for Delilah. She was a friend of a friend and he thought her name would sound good in a song. But this could be wrong

Here's the Wikipedia version :
                The song was written after Higgenson met Delilah DiCrescenzo, a nationally ranked American steeplechase and cross country runner.[5]

Time magazine named "Hey There Delilah" one of The 10 Best Songs of 2007, ranking it at #7. Music critic Josh Tyrangiel called it "an intimate love song that's damn near universal." Tyrangiel praised the Plain White T’s for managing to make another "aching guy reaching out to distant girl song feel fresh," singling out singer Tom Higgenson’s otherwise imperfect voice and "nasal delivery [for making] the nearly-comic sincerity of the lyrics seem completely genuine."
                The song was a double 2008 Grammy Award nominee, for 2007 Song of the Year (won by Amy Winehouse) and 2007 Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal (won by Maroon 5). Though the two never dated, the real Delilah attended the Grammy Award show that year as the guest of Tom Higgenson, the song's writer.
                "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Hey there Delilah
                  You be good and don't you miss me
                  Two more years and you'll be done with school
                  And I'll be making history like I do
                  You'll know it's all because of you
                  We can do whatever we want to
                  Hey there Delilah here's to you
                  This one's for you

Describes us perfectly. I used to listen to this song all the time when I first started my LDR, it comforted me in some strange way. I should do that again
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah.... I don't like this song at all... I find it creepy how it's a song about how it's about a girl the songwriter met at summer camp who was engaged. It would probably be higher in my list if they hadn't played it every 6 seconds on the radio for 3 years non-stop. Honestly, it's a catchy song.

Comment

This one came on the radio the other day when I was sitting alone in Maccy D's, sipping a hot chocolate and daydreaming about my SO. I've never thought about the story behind the song; I love the tune and the lyrics just as much now as I did when I first heard it at 15

Comment

Working...
                      X