Am I crazy? Or just jealous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I crazy? Or just jealous?

So...I'm not a jealous person.. (yeah thats what they al say )

My SO tells me everything! And i LOVE that! But sometimes it's hard to swallow.. A week and a half ago he told me about this girl on Facebook that send him pictures and said: What do you wanna do to me? And of all the things he told me about girls, this really hit me hard...

And I know I can trust my SO, he WILL NEVER hurt me! But eversince... the girls just bug me.. not all the girls.. he has friends of course. But there was this one girl (a friend) that commented on EVERYTHING on his FB. And she liked everything, and if he had a feeling about a song (he post a lot of songs on his FB) she had the same feeling. She is married.. but she just annoys the sh*t *excuse my language* out of me!

And like I said.. I know that he will never do anything with her, but I just can't shake that annoying feeling I told D, but he doesn't understands why I am "jealous".. And I don't know.. is it jealousy? Am I turning into a jealous girl? I don't want him to delete her or something.. I really don't care about that..

And now David thinks I'm this jealous girl.. Because a week and a half ago I also dídn't respond well on the girl that send pics to him on FB. He just doesn't get how I feel..

I had a really tough week.. so maybe it's just stress.. But is this just me? Am I really turning in to this jealous girl? Or is it normal that I respond like this?

Facebook is evil!
    \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
    \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
    \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

I think it's personally a natural feeling to feel that way about some girl who's sending him pics asking him what he wants to do with her. I don't think it's jealousy so much as an annoyance that someone would actually do that, whether they do or do not know about him being in a relationship. I stumbled upon something similar yesterday after knowing my SO went for a photo shoot party last weekend, where one of his female friends is all over him in one of these pics. I know he'd do nothing with her, but it makes me want to ask him, how would he feel if he saw one of my guy friends with pics like that. I understand hugging is ok, but there is a point where too close comes into place. So, I'd just chill on the thought and try to explain why it annoyed you.

Comment

It's natural to feel the way you are feeling, especially with how that girl is communicating with him and sending pictures. I think if you were really and truly jealous, you would have been asking him to not communicate or have her as a friend on facebook. I think its bizarre that a married woman is acting that way, but it could just be her way of interacting with people. Anyway, just make sure you and your SO communicate about this so that you can both understand one another and everything should be fine. Take a deep breath, you're a-ok girly.
      "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Facebook is definitely very evil. There are days I wish it never existed!

Well the thing you don't want to do is lash out at him for something he had no control over. It's the way that he handles the situation that should influence how you react... If he's actually acting on these girls sending him pictures and doing what they say, then yes be very mad and tell him it's not okay for him to do that. For example, maybe he needs to tell this girl that it's not okay for her to be sending him pictures regardless of the "i'm married" excuse because she shouldn't be doing that anyway. Who knows, all relationships are different, maybe her husband doesn't care that she did that. However, you have a right to be a bit curious, there are home-wrecking insecure hoochies out there who don't have respect for you, your relationship, or themselves. They see what they want and try to take it from you, so it's okay to be a lil aggressive. One thing i'm guilty for is treating my SO like he did something wrong when he was at least good enough to tell me it happened. You don't want it to be something where he's afraid to tell you what's going on anymore.

It's a scary feeling to see someone try and ruin what you have, and you being jealous only means that you care so much about him that you don't want anything jeopardizing it, it's okay
        "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
        Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
        Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
        First Visit: December 7, 2017
        Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Manoek View Post
          Facebook is evil!
          I think right here you said it all! Its not you, its facebook.

My SO also has that one female friend who drives me up a wall. I've posted about her many times on here and nowhere else because I strive to be a better person than she ever could be...and that involves not causing drama on facebook. Long story short she seduced my boyfriend into a cheating scandal that nearly destroyed our relationship. The other night I blogged Nicki Minaj lyrics in her honor. I can be fine with him telling me he's going to be at a social event with her. I can be fine with them being in a play together and there's no problem. My mind won't wander AT ALL.
          But as soon as she starts posting flirtatious comments on his facebook posts...

It leads to tension and anxiety in me that I don't really need more of. And it puts my relationship in a crummy situation as well...because I doubt myself for having those feelings, and tell myself a billion times that I trust him, but always come across as doubtful of our relationship. And since I struggle to talk about it with him because it is such a touchy subject it just all comes out weird. Which drives him bonkers. Which then leads to me apologizing and feeling even weirder.

I think your reaction is totally normal. Just don't let it eat at you. When it ends up coming between you and your SO...then thats when it's an issue. I also recommend finding yourself a way to cope with it when she posts. I go and talk to my bestie and blast the Nicki anger songs until my SO gets home and I can either talk to him about it, or find comfort in the little things he does. Its that moment when I realize he's come home to ME that makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

Thank you everybody! Makes me feel so much better.. I really thought it was just me.. But I guess it's pretty normal te respond like I did.. Thank you!
            \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
            \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

I don't blame you for not responding well to some girl sending your SO pics. I would be well pissed of it that happened. How well does he know this chick? Has he told her that he is not interested and to never do that again? He should and then if she pulls that shit again then he needs to delete her.
              As for the girl that comments on everything. A while back there was a girl that did that to my SO, she had a boyfriend so whatever but it was to the point where she would like things I posted to his wall. If it was a mutual friend maybe, but I'd never met her so liking 'Hey what are you doing this weekend? Lets go for drinks" was just weird. I got to the point where after anything she commented on or liked I would be like "whaaaat?' she got the point haha.

Comment

I wouldn't really call it jealousy. Insecurity MAYBE. But honestly I think it is normal to feel uncomfortable and not want other girls to send pictures to you SO or to Facebook stalk their every status.

Facebook, any social network or video game communication for that matter, have been the demise to many relationships. Don't let yours be one of them. You know he loves you so if he isn't doing anything wrong and it is just the girls, then ignore them. They are the ones jealous of you!
                Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Believe you me Facebook has a way of just getting under your skin and for some reason magnifying issues that would otherwise be non-issues.

Comment

Eh I can relate, I've had my share of annoyance over small things posted on his FB. Little things but they make me feel annoyed or a twinge of that jealous girlfriend rage lolz So I get this totally. I talked to my SO about it and that helped, he let me know its okay and im not crazy haha. I wouldn't be to hard on yourself, as you said your not telling him to delete her or being controlling, and you trust him. I think it's natural to get annoyed or a twinge of jealousy.
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

Oh goodness, if some girl sent my SO pictures of herself asking him what he wanted to do to her, you better believe I'd be one jealous girl. I think you had a right to feel that way. I agree with Snow_Girl, you should probably ask him these questions if you haven't already. :P I would, anyway.

Comment

i dont blame u for feeling like that, id be very upset if my SO was getting pics from girls
                        other than me. Im not gonna lie im a pretty jealous person, but thats something i have to work on myself.

Comment

I agree too. This girl is crazy in her head!what kind of pictures is she ssending him? hmm to be honest I wouldn't tell my SO what he SHOULD do.. he has to know what he should do and not you telling him. I did this mistake, when my SO liked sexy pictures of his female friends and having an single status on fb. I told him that I don't like it and when he has feelings for me he should... and he stopped doing this and deleted his status, but then I thought if he just did it because I told him? yeah exactly therefore and not because he wanted.
                          What I would do is maybe just tell him how you feel about this girl and the pictures. If he is smart and honestly care about you he will tell the girl to stop or even delete her.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                            Oh goodness, if some girl sent my SO pictures of herself asking him what he wanted to do to her, you better believe I'd be one jealous girl. I think you had a right to feel that way. I agree with Snow_Girl, you should probably ask him these questions if you haven't already. :P I would, anyway.

I would be incredibly jealous as well with that
                            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                              I don't blame you for not responding well to some girl sending your SO pics. I would be well pissed of it that happened. *How well does he know this chick? Has he told her that he is not interested and to never do that again? He should and then if she pulls that shit again then he needs to delete her. As for the girl that comments on everything. A while back there was a girl that did that to my SO, she had a boyfriend so whatever but it was to the point where she would like things I posted to his wall. If it was a mutual friend maybe, but I'd never met her so liking 'Hey what are you doing this weekend? Lets go for drinks" was just weird. **I got to the point where after anything she commented on or liked I would be like "whaaaat?' she got the point haha.
                              *He is really easy with accepting people on his Facebook, especially pretty girls hahaha! He ignored her and she send him another message, that it was rude of him to ignore her (yeah... I know.. what was she thinking, he is rude? ) Anyway, after that he deleted her.

**Hahaha thats funny! She is not doing it that much the last 2 days.. thank god... Hope it doesn't come to me doing something like that

I talked about it with D, and I told him to put himself in my position. And he said that there are also a lot of guys that comment on my FB, and that is true.. But it's al in dutch, So he doesn't bother to put it in google translate so he doesn't get annoyed by it..

Anyway.. it's fine now..

We talked about it, I should laugh at the girls.. They can try all they want, But I know he loves me!!

And being annoyed by other girls is nature I guess, so I'll deal with it..

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X