what partner are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what partner are you?

so... the SO and i have gone through a rough patch (which i was expecting as it was the anniversary of his dad's passing last week)... there was a moment where i said that i loved him more, and then vice versa. (he later said "no i just want to say it coz i want to"... silly man heh)

but its got me thinking... coz i started thinking about these reasons why it could possibly be... such as am i not showering him with gifts? is it because i couldnt go to his place this term? (lots of work, and it costs 60 quid and i dont have that much money in the bank)

and now its got me thinking abotu the types of partner....

the SO is probably more of an outwardly romantic guy. he wont shower me with gifts, which is fine, but he will say the sweetest things when its most needed, and if gifts are needed he knows the right gift to choose. for example, a week before my psychology exam (a few days before he left to go back to uni), we watched an advert together and it was of Staples and there was this "that was easy" button thing, and i just said in passing "i wish i could press that n get an A in the exam"..... he was then about half an hour late to our date the next day, with the staples "that was easy" button in his hands :')

now the thing is that is probably because he was brought up in a very loving home... i always heard his dad say "love" to his mum, never her actual name. it was either love or darling. and they seemed to just always be together which was sweet. and i think that has rubbed off on him.

however.

ive been brought up in a very independant home... not much love. if mum spots us even on the same couch close together she goes bizzerk (this is without her even in the room -.-)... and so therefore im not exactly the most romantic person... i really try, but i prefer standing up for him, caring for him, just being there for him... if he wants a gift ill give it to him, if he wants a certain type of food we will go to that certain restaurant having that food....

in that sense, we are complete opposites... and i know he is fine with how we are, he knows i love him. we just express it in different ways...

so... what type of partner are you and your SO?

*thoughtful*

Do you mean like are you a romantic in your relationship? I'm not really sure what you mean.

We both have our moments I guess but living together there isn't much romantic gestures day to day, only really for special occasions.

Comment

I'm definitely the more outwardly romantic, I always say sweet things to him. He used to be the same way but slowly he's started to become "comfortable" in the relationship and doesn't express things as much as he used to which is fine I know he loves me but he has informed me that he's one of those who always wants PDA which I've never really done before so when we close the distance that should be an interesting experience.

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

The both of us are pretty outwardly romantic and I love that. He's never afraid of holding my hand or kissing me in public. He showers me with "I love you"s. The two of us are very open in expressing our love. We came from two very different families but both of us just really have this desire to be each other's everything. I have never had to ask him to be more comforting or loving, and vice versa. I think it's probably because were such good communicators. I think I give more gifts, but only because money is just slightly less tight for me. Just slightly.

On my first visit I got a really bad bladder infection and had to go to urgent care. He held my hand as we waited in the waiting room and when my name got called, he gave me a kiss before I had to leave. I just remember the male nurse in his Oklahoma accent saying "Awh, that was sweet." He never leaves me feeling like I need more affection from him.

Finding myself.

Comment

I used to be extremely shy to tell my feelings! I'm not the present giver or the kind of grilfriend who leaves a daily letter on his facebook or the "i love you post" on his wall every time I'm online. But when I do...I really do. I write extense messages in which I express a lot.

He's more otwardly romantic than I am, but he does not flood me with presents either. He has gotten small things for me, which may not be extravagant but full of meaning to us, and he constantly comes up with new stories to tell me, or new poems or whatever. Sometimes he even asks me if I do not become overwhelmed with this constant love expressions :P I just laugh at the silliness of this question, I love him being that way.

Comment

I think were both pretty romantic with each other. He always tells me he loves me, and is there for me, and i hope i shower him with enough love. He's also very romantic when he wants to be, and does the extra step to still make me feel special, not the he gots me now he doesnt have to woo me any more. He spoils me with his words, and does the little things, and he's giving. Plus he is sentimental too, remembers our dates, celebrates holidays and such. He still gets my heart pounding. And I think im a romantic. I love the corny things, the little cutsy stuff, i can't help gush over him. But in public im more shy about our relationship. In general im not a very touchy feely person, and don't like to hug or cuddle or things like that, just with him. I think were pretty even in this.
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

I'm definitely the romantic in our relationship. I'll tell him I love him, shower him with compliments, love letters and thoughtful gifts. He used to be that way too, but honeymoon phase ends and well he's not like that anymore. He's the typical guy in a relationship, hes comfortable. Tells me he loves me before we say good bye at night, the occasional compliment n that's about it. I miss it sometimes.
              "You want for myself
              You get me like no one else
              I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
              Even in the darkest part of me
              I am beautiful with you
              Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
              You're here with me
              Just show me this and I'll believe
              I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I guess I'm the more outwardly romantic one in terms of sentimental gestures and suchlike, but I'm not as comfortable as he is with public displays of affection Both of us make sure to show the other that we care through our everyday actions though, so I'd say it all balances out pretty nicely!

Comment

PDA is waaaay more common here than in the states. If I saw 2 people making out on the street in the USA I'd think "ugh! get a room!" But here, it's totally normal. So my SO and I have had to come to a middle ground. I don't like any PDA, and my SO is all about it. We've gotten to the point where I'm okay giving him small kisses in public, but not anything more than that.

Comment

I'm more romantic with telling him lovey dovey stuff, he says he prefers to show his love with action not words lol so gotta wait till we're together to see if thaz true

Comment

Working...
                    X