A moving question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A moving question?

Now let me start with I am rubbish with the forum search, I tried to find something but maybe I'm just not using the right key words? So forgive me if this has been answered. Now my SO lives in Sweden, annd she's the kinda person who looks towards her future, likes to have an idea of say a few years down the line what would be the next step, which obviously was somebody moving. Now looking at it, getting a visa to live in another country if you are an immigrant looks like a real pain in the butt no matter who makes the move (slightly easier if you planned to get married right away), just a question of which is possibly easier opinion on the matter? Thank you for your input :] much appreciated

I don't really know much about Sweden but it seems a lot more straight forward to move there: https://www.migrationsverket.se/info/flytta_en.html

Comment

What country are you from? A lot of places have agreements that youth up to 30 can get visas for a year or two to work in the other country quite easily. Do some googling and see what you find, it might be easier to start with a holiday work visa then marriage.

Comment

Depends on where you're coming from and the laws of Sweden. How I'm staying in Costa Rica is completely different than how others are in other countries. Also- yes applying for anything from the government is a huge pain in the ass. No way around that.

Comment

I'm in the United States.
          From what I read the work visa depending how long you have it the jobs you are able to get are very strictly limited ( I may have got the wrong impression from that ) meanwhile they also have one not even necessarily just for marriage but if you were going to co live with a citizen there or are in a serious relationship or engaged/married
          seemed to have a little bit of a better time? Thank you for the help so far everyone :]

Comment

I just don't know about the laws in Sweden, but lots of more progressive countries have common law partnership visas. Where you don't have to be married or engaged, you can just be a couple. But I think for a lot of places you need to have lived together for 2 years first. Keep doing your research! It's painstaking, but it's gotta be done

Comment

Working...
            X