Not Worth the effort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Worth the effort?

So today has been a crappy day for me and I want to vent. My SO wished me Happy V-Day and I was all giddy. However, previously we discussed to have a phone date and I was really excited since we haven’t talked on the phone in over a week. Well, I messaged him while we were having our conversation that he better be up when I get home (I have an exam at 6pm) cause I wanted to talk on the phone. He then told me he couldn’t because he was broke from his birthday and saving up to go to Vegas in August. I was really really hurt… I mean it didn’t have to be a long call but from my point of view I haven’t spoken to him on the phone in a week and there are other (FREE) ways to talk. I just feel like I’m not worth the maybe 5 bucks or even the time to get on skype and that really makes me feel unloved, under valued and just all around like I’m not worth the time and effort to him.

I told him after her said that I see where I stand and how he views us. Which I know I shouldn’t have but I was hurt/disappointed and just really feeling like the person I love was telling me I’m not worth it right now.

Aw, I'm so sorry that happened I think it's good that you're telling him how you feel. I don't know enough about your relationship to really give you advice, but I'd definitely say that your feelings are totally valid - I'd be crushed if my SO stood me up on our Valentine's Day date (calls are long distance dates, to me anyway ). I hope you guys work it out and your day gets better!

Comment

I understand why you said what you did and I've done the same thing before. But I think what might be more helpful is to tell him how undervalued you felt. Be as specific as possible. Then you should both have a serious talk about what you each want out of your relationship. Hopefully then you'll know if keeping the relationship is worth the effort. I hope everything goes well for you though :3

Comment

Working...
      X