Cheapest way to travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest way to travel?

I live in Missouri, he lives in Utah. We have never met in person but I met him online in march of last year and we started dating on july 1st. So like anyone who hasn't met in person we're dying to meet each other. We're trying to set something up for september. My birthday is in september and I've noticed if you book really far in advance it's much cheaper. But neither of us know the cheapest way. I'm not sure if a bus, plane, or driving would be best. Also, which airlines are cheapest? I would love some advice I'm saving up money to get him here. I really want this to work out!

So thank you so much in advance to anyone who replies

If you look in the travel section, there are a ton of tips about which airlines to fly and places to search for tickets. Orbitz is definitely not always the cheapest, so don't go by that. For us (my SO lives in MI, I live in CT) driving has always been cheaper, so that's another option for you guys. The 16 hour drive though is killer though. I don't know how far apart of a drive you guys are but that's something to consider. We've never really looked into buses, I do know that others on here have done that before so hopefully one of them will come by and offer you some advice. Taking the train is another option out there, you can take a look at Amtrak. I hope it all goes well for you two!

Comment

Thank you very much! I realized after I posted this it was in the wrong section and my computer froze when I tried to delete it. So i'm very sorry about that. We are 16 hours away as well. So that is a great idea! I'm personaly a bit scared to get on a plane haha.
      I have never thought about a train! I will look in to that. Thank you!

Comment

I would definitely check to see if you can fly with Southwest Airlines; it can be extremely inexpensive and you can check one bag for free. Flying can be scary, but sometimes planes are your best/most convenient option. :3 Good luck!

Comment

The true cheapest way to travel would be to hitchhike, walk, and offer sexual favors to strangers to get you there. Its not recommended though and I really hope I don't have to tell you why xD. Cost shouldn't be the only factor when it comes to travel. You also gotta also take into account time, convenience, and comfort to posterior. Trust me, you don't wanna be sitting in a car or bus for 16 fucking hours @_@. No relationship is worth that discomfort, don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise! D:< For your sanity, I recommend plane, train, or teleportation.

Comment

Thank you Lissy! I looked in to southwest and their prices seem to be the cheapest out of the airlines! You're right it probably is much more convenient! Thanks

Darth_Taco Oh my goodness. You're funny lol. I had been joking with my SO about me getting the money that way. But of course I never would and he would freak if I was even a little bit serious. Thank you for your advice! I'll work on the teleportation thing but until then I'll look in to trains and planes

Comment

Working...
            X