Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake engagment ring - is this a silly idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake engagment ring - is this a silly idea?

Is it silly to wear a fake engagment ring when I go out in bars or clubs?

Whilst it can be flattering, I'm kind of fed up of alot of the male attention when I go out. I like to dress up, but I dont condsider myself to wear revealing clothes and alot of men dont seem to take the hint when I politely tell them I'm not available. Whenever I went out in england I never got this kind of attention... I think american men are alot more forward or maybe I'm just going to the wrong places (Newly 21 and dont really know the best places here).

I feel like it would be eaisier to just have a ring, which immediatley gives them the impression I'm not available and then I'm just free to enjoy the night.

My worry would be that people back in england see pictures of me wearing a ring on facebook or something and get the wrong impression that I am actually engaged...

Opinions?
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

I know a couple girls that would wear one while working in a restaurant bar, quite a few guys would come in and it helped cut down on the unwanted attention. I think it is a good idea. If someone asks about a photo, just tell them it is only a ring, I know lots of people that wear rings on their ring finger without being married or engaged.

Comment

I think every cashier lady I have ever seen here wears a ring on their left hang ring finger. I can't imagine all of them are engaged or married, but I definitely see why they would do it! You think American men are forward? Try coming to Latin America

Just wear it. No one will even notice in pictures!!

Comment

I do this from time to time. I don't go out places really, and I do not drink, so bars aren't my thing (plus I'm not 21 either). But, I used to wear one all over campus and pretty much everywhere I went at my old school. Now, I just feel comfortable enough to not wear it at my new school, since nobody talks to me anyway lol. I think it is a good idea and if you don't want that kind of attention, it works.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Reading your post made me think of this website: https://mstaken.com/

And of course the video...haha

*Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

Hehe! Maybe I'll do a little shopping later :P
            Si tu n'etais pas la
            Je ne connaitrais pas
            Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
            Si tu n'etais pas la

Comment

I don't see any harm in this. I thought about doing the same when I started college; as it turned out there was no real need to, but if I was on a night out I definitely would. If your SO is anything like mine, I daresay he wouldn't think it a bad idea either

Comment

Originally posted by Hololz View Post
                Hehe! Maybe I'll do a little shopping later :P
                I'd check out www.fantasyjewelrybox.com because that's where I got mine! They are relatively cheap and look real!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

The only time I wore a fake wedding ring was when I travelled throughout North Africa. If it makes you feel more comfortable wearing one, then go for it.

Comment

https://mstaken.com/buy/

I've been tempted to buy this myself. It even comes in a little keychain so you always have it with you for those emergency situations! Lol!

Comment

Yeah the Mstaken one looks really cute :P Handy idea with the keychain!! haha! No idea what size ring I am though or even how to find out...
                      Si tu n'etais pas la
                      Je ne connaitrais pas
                      Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                      Si tu n'etais pas la

Comment

My friends used to do this all the time lol! One used to wear one on one finger and if a guy harassed her while we were dancing, she'd switch it to her ring finger and show him it. usually they never even looked like engagement rings but they still seemed to work! I got my SO a ring for christmas, and he used it to get a particularly flirtatious girl to give up last time he went out

wear it if it will make you more comfortable. It's just a shame the lengths you have to go through to make some people (not necessarily just guys) back off, when a simple "no thank you" should suffice...

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                          Try coming to Latin America

Just wear it. No one will even notice in pictures!!
                          oh yeah! haha, coming from brazil i can verify that. brazilian men, at least are VERY forward!

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Originally posted by Hololz View Post
                          Yeah the Mstaken one looks really cute :P Handy idea with the keychain!! haha! No idea what size ring I am though or even how to find out...
                          you can find out in any jeweler, just ask to have your ring finger measured and they do it.
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Hehe! I just got one! I had some free time today and dont want to wait for postage etc :P I will try post a pic later! I will have the chance to test it out tonight!

Cant believe I just got fake engaged!! haha!
                            Si tu n'etais pas la
                            Je ne connaitrais pas
                            Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                            Si tu n'etais pas la

Comment

Yes, let us know how it goes, I am interested in hearing

Comment

Working...
                              X