Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After closing the distance, who moves where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After closing the distance, who moves where?

My boyfriend lives in South Africa and I live in Canada. We both want to move to each other's countries when we close the distance. If you were in a LDR and already closed the gap, who moved where and why? If you haven't closed the distance, have you already decided how you'll close the distance?
    I need some advice on how we're going to go about this...

There is already a few posts about this if you search.

https://members.lovingfromadistance....ighlight=moves

https://members.lovingfromadistance....you-are-moving

Comment

My boyfriend and I live in the same country. I decided to move to him because there are better oppourtunities for me here

Comment

Oh, oops... Sorry!
        And that's good, Sierra. I guess we'll still have to figure out some of the logistics.

Comment

In my situation, my girlfriend will be moving to live with me, and we plan to get an apartment together (as I live with my parents). I'd be more than willing to move to be with her, but her moving just works better, since she'll be graduating from college and I'm still an undergrad, and she can attend my college for graduate school. It's really whatever works best with your circumstances, but that's how she and I have decided it.

Comment

We decided I am going to move. I'm graduating with my associate's degree next May and my SO's college has a great ultrasound program, which is what I'm looking to pursue as a career. So, it makes the most sense for me to movie. Then, we will decide whether or not to move back to Long Island after graduation or wherever he/I get a job offer.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I moved to him, but Germany was ALWAYS, since i can remember one of the dream places i wanted to live. germany or england (france would be an option too, but thats it.). i remember saying that when i was as young as 5 or 6 years old! and here I am!
              our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

girlfriend is moving to me since my major (criminal justice) is useless outside the US
                "I have had a vision. It has been revealed to me by the secret chiefs of the world that I am sexier than Buddha and harder than Jesus. I cannot die." -Spider Jerusalem

Comment

I'll be finishing college first and since she's in our hometown doing undergrad and planning on grad school, I will most likely be moving back there. Just two more years

Comment

We both moved. He moved to me first, then I moved back to his country with him.

Comment

I will probably move to her permanently. But I could see her living in Australia for 1 year or so before we make a permanent move.

Comment

I think the best thing is to both be squared away in your own lives. Then look at it logically to see where the better opportunities are. If you wont be able to find a job in SA but he will in Canada then he should go to you. Or the same if the situation is vice versa. If things are about equal, well then see where things would be cheaper and weigh the pros and cons. Have you visited him there to see if you would like it? Or has he come to you?

My SO and I have not closed the distance but will be doing so at the end of March. I am done with school and thus getting out of this town and going home. So we planned on living together and then he goes into the military. After that we don't really know. But we go at it in steps. There is no reason to plan to far in advance because things change.

Good luck.
                        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

For us, it makes more sense for me to move to him. He's nine years older than me and already has a job, is buying a house, and pretty much settled where he is. Whereas I graduated from uni last May. I spent a great deal of time where he lives, and I don't have a permanent job here. Plus, I got my degree in education. It's a degree that can be used pretty much anywhere. For us, me moving works.
                          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                          Made it official: September 17, 2010
                          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                          Got married: November 21, 2012
                          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

And from what my South African friend has told me about SA; I wouldn't move there

Comment

Not entirely sure yet, but since I'll have graduated before him, I would love to do the grad school program at his current university. With that said, I think, if I am accepted into the program, that I'll be the one moving to him. Afterwards, however, neither of us know what we are going to do. There are no jobs for his degree in his city, so we'll probably both have to move after my (hopefully) grad school degree.

Comment

Working...
                              X