This Travelling is Killing Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Travelling is Killing Me

I am so lucky I get to see my boyfriend as often as I do but there I sit again in the airport drowning away my sorrows. What makes it worse? I will see him in two weeks so I should feel that bad but this coming and going... I hate it.

I know I'll be living here before I know it but I feel like this coming and going, saying hello just to say good bye ... Is torture.

I want to walk out of this airport and back to his place so bad. Soon I won't have to leave but now...

It just stays as hard as it was the first time and three weeks ago. It's been 10 months. I wish I could tell people on lfad it got easier but I just struggle ans struggle.

Airport margaritas help.

I know what you're talking about so well. I can offer 2 years of ldr experience: Yes, you do get used to it, but No it does not get easier. It still hurts as much as ever, I still cry. It has gotten a bit better, because I have a lot more confidence in the relationship and us now and with each visit it grows a little more. The more time we spend together, the surer I am, that we can mąkę it and that we belong together, which is a very good feeling. But it also makes it a little harder to (let him) go.

The worst for me is unpacking my bag when I get back home. I hate it so so much. It makes me feel so lonely. That and travelling alone.
    I wouldn't want to see him less offen obviously, but I hate the stress, the unpacking und being alone at the airport.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I think $9 coor's light can solve just about anything

Keep your chin up!

Comment

You're right that it doesn't ever seem to get easier - leaving is the worst feeling there is. I'm so glad that I don't have to fly anymore (she moved to within driving distance last year). One tip that helps me (I have the same issue with unpacking) is to not think of it as unpacking, take everything out of your suitcase then pick your favorite outfit or something that you'll want on your next visit, but can live without until then and pack it right away. It feels more like you're preparing for your next visit rather than leaving your last one. I also leave my suitcase by my door, but I get to visit every month, it may not be as practical for everyone else.

Comment

I try to think of it as the time until the next visit .

And I have study to do at home which really distracts me.

Comment

Nope it never gets easier. Now im always the one who does the travelling (i like it btw, i love getting to see more of america) its so difficult to leave. I actually found it easier when he was the one leaving.

The way we get around it, rather the way my man likes to think about it, is that im not leaving him, im just going away for work and school for 3 months then i'll be back home with him xD I also dont actually unpack my suitcase fully. My suit case is always out in the living room now and i just dump stuff i want to take over there. I've already filled out his wardrobe over at his and have all my essentials there (he refills stuff and chucks out of date stuff away - like make up) so i dont actually have to take clothes there any more lol. It's great when i actually had the time last year to make a suprise (but expensive) visit. I was actually pretty good last time i left. I didnt cry at all!...on the day anyway. I booed my eyes out a couple days before. He doesnt like it at all but he knows i need to get it out so he encourages me to cry allllll i want for that day then i cannot cry after. I normally can hold it back till im on the plane, i jsut put my eye mask on and cry into it.

I have to say that im finding the time apart easier now. i always feel like crap for the first couple of weeks im home but then its all back to normal and im looking forward to going back home to him : )

Comment

I find traveling is a pain in general. I just got back to the Uk Last week. Cost me 20 pounds to get home via trains. I am off again tomorrow, trains suck the big one and I have to catch the 4 am train for my 8 am flight. Not looking forward to it. I think it would be easier if you could teleport. I hate how a flight that take 8 hours turns in to a 16hr escapade because of all additional travel. Granted you don't live that far away. Just keep your eye on the prize, not much longer till you will be living there with him.

Comment

It really does not get easier, I did the travelling with my boyfriend for 1,5 years. And we broke up because of it. Seeing eachother for a couple of days and then just having to wait months again just seemed like a tease. The only thing why its worthi it now is because we know it will only be this way for a couple of months.
                So to me, having an end in sight helps a lot. And whenever I get home or I see off my boyfriend at the aiport I just allow myself to have a good cry and afterwards chin up and back to counting till the next visit

Comment

I really have no idea how you guys who are in this for the long haul with frequent travelling do it. I'm well traveled in general. I'm probably going somewhere new every 3 months or so, but between that, working two jobs, my back injury and everything it's getting to be exhausting.

Granted I just found out my boss was sick all week last week (which puts me right in the 'lets get sick zone' which could very easily be why I'm just SO tired), but man .... talk about exhaustion.

I keep trying to think, ok just a couple more times we have to do this and it'll all be ok and over but man. I'm tired.

I guess that's what it comes down to. I'm tired.

I do leave my suitcase by the door too, and it's usually packed with the essentials and then I just toss in my clothes. I don't mind the airport, the plane ride, any of that, it's just the whole process that's exhausting.

I'm so ready for this long distance to be over ...

Comment

It gets easier and harder all at once. One day at a time!
                    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

When the travel seems rough just keep in mind that some of us would gladly be in your shoes! I cant afford to travel so we don't get to see each other.

Finding myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
                        It gets easier and harder all at once. One day at a time!
                        It really does. I'm thankful that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. I'm SO thankful for the time we get to spend together ... it's the actual travelling part that's just exhausted.

And I know how lucky I am goalie, I feel so blessed we're able to see each other as frequently as we do. The fact that we've been able to make this work is pretty much a miracle.

Honestly, the reason I think I made this post yesterday is because I'm getting sick. I found out my boss was sick all last week (as I suspected) and today I feel worse than I did yesterday. Not because I miss my boyfriend but because it feels like someone parked a truck on me all night. I think the travelling on top of getting sick was just way too much.

Another issue I have is that right before I go see him, or he comes and sees me, it's pure chaos for about 5 days. I wish I could go on the trips rested, I don't feel like I have much time to catch up on not being exhausted.

I took a 5 hour energy shot today, I've had two cups of caffeinated tea and trust me, I could fall asleep at my desk if I closed my eyes.

Comment

I'm right there with you, girl... I can't wait for it to be over!
                          Between heavy course loads at school, extracurricular activities, a job, traveling there and back for both of us (which means I have to put everything off to enjoy my weekend), and mope time (which is unfortunate but happens and is very time consuming! ;D), I constantly feel exhausted. I've just learned to kind of live with feeling tired all the time, and look forward to my weekends where I can relax, even if just for a moment. Make sure you put in some you time everyday for you to get away from it all -- take a nap, watch a movie, lay out, work out, eat something guilty. It honestly helps with the tiredness, not to mention keeps you positive and feeling good!
                          sigpic

Comment

Already planning on having Pad Thai for dinner and being in bed by 730. To be honest, I'm too tired to even be that sad about him not being here. Which says something.

I'm sure I'll feel differently tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                              I know what you're talking about so well. I can offer 2 years of ldr experience: Yes, you do get used to it, but No it does not get easier. It still hurts as much as ever, I still cry. It has gotten a bit better, because I have a lot more confidence in the relationship and us now and with each visit it grows a little more. The more time we spend together, the surer I am, that we can mąkę it and that we belong together, which is a very good feeling. But it also makes it a little harder to (let him) go.

The worst for me is unpacking my bag when I get back home. I hate it so so much. It makes me feel so lonely. That and travelling alone.
                              I wouldn't want to see him less offen obviously, but I hate the stress, the unpacking und being alone at the airport.
                              I agree....we've been doing this for over 9 1/2 years... you get used to it ...sort of....but it always hurts... I swear I cry more now when we separate than I did years ago...

Comment

Working...
                              X