Do any of you still think like this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of you still think like this....

*sighs* Now most of the time i know in my heart that Denise will never cheat on me or do any of the stuff my ex did, but from time to time i cant help but let old feelings from my past relationship creep into my new one and i hate when it does that because not only do i feel like a complete asshole after i say it but i make her feel bad, was kinda in one of my moods this morning and since she's on vacation with her friend who im slowly building trust with but since i have trust issues its a slow go but she's really nice, anyway i started getting a little suspicous of her and me and Denise got into a mini argument which is not what i wanted especially when she's on vacation arrrg!!! Wasent anything too major we quickly made up but i still feel bad, I know she wont do that or be anything like my ex, but sometimes i cant help but let old feelings crawl back in. Anybody else still have that problem?

I don't think it's at all uncommon to have lingering insecurities from past relationships! I've been with Micah for almost 3 years and I still sometimes get insecure because of what's happened to me in the past. A few nights ago when he wasn't picking up his phone, I had a minor panic attack, because my last two relationships ended when they stopped answering my calls.

Just make sure she knows about your insecurities! She cares about you a lot, and I'm sure she doesn't want to do anything to make you uncomfortable. If she knows what's happened to you in the past and why you feel the way you do, I'm sure she'll be understanding and will do her best to keep you from feeling worried. Other than that, just give it time - it won't fix everything, but it will get easier to trust her!

Good luck, I hope you feel better!

Comment

I guess everyone in a LDR gets those thoughts at least at some point

Comment

she's knows about them and knows i cant help it sometimes, although it does hurt her feelings and she gets annoyed with it she knows about them and understand

Comment

I feel that way also. I have trust issues also and Mark and I had our first argument kinda centered around my insecurities and my trust issues. I hate that it comes back, but it does. I think it happens to everyone

Comment

Working...
          X