No announcement yet.

Ticket price moan :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely know how you feel. I live in Texas and my fiance lives in England. You wouldn't think that tickets from here would be that much more expensive, but they are. I usually pay around $1200 for a round trip ticket in the summer. I can only imagine how much it would be with the Olympics going on.
    I think that possibly flying into another country and then taking Ryanair or EasyJet would be your best option.
    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
    Made it official: September 17, 2010
    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
    Got married: November 21, 2012
    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

$1200 return isn't too bad considering the distance.

I live about twice the distance from my girl (Melbourne, Australia to Tallinn, Estonia) and I pay roughly $2000 to fly during the same period.

Comment

i know how that is i'm about to buy $325 ticket for a 5 hour flight ugh, tickets reall shouldnt be so expensive

Comment

So after looking at this thread i went and checked how much it'd be to fly to LAX from LHR (UK) in late july/early august. The previous 2 summers in order i paid <£700 the next summer was £800ish and now this summer it's £1000!. So thats what $1000, $1200 and now $1500 : ( I just booked my flight there for Easter and it was £450.

Anyone know where i could get a cheaper ticket for the summer? I wont mind flying from else where. I'll post what i find, i think theres a few ppl here with a LA to UK ldr.

Ahh but £1000 : ( i guess i'll be living on cereal or something. Side note...my man literally is lol he's saving up too.

Comment

Problem with Easyjet and Rynanair is that they also hugely inflate their prices in the summer season and at special events like the Olympics, plus there is the extra cost of luggage, so it doesn't come cheaper. But if you buy well in advance and aren't fussy about dates, you can be quite lucky. I just booked my tickets from Croatia to London Gatwick via Easyjet for a week in mid July and the round trip cost me about $170.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Isnt it scary to think how much we can spend on flights? In nearly 3 years we've spent £6000 just on tickets alone! lol Wow. Well hopefully we'll be closing the distance within 2 years and for the next 2 years i aint gonna have time to visit him. Save save save!

Comment

It seems to be cheaper if I fly out of new york and into manchester rather than london. My mum found me a flight for around £400 that only has a 1 hour stopover in iceland. Buttttt I've just got to add up the costs of getting TO new york and then back FROM manchester back down south (Train fare aint cheap either!!) with 2 suitcases... and I've also never heard of the website that she found it on. (Opodo?)

Thanks for all the advice. I will also look into round trips!
                Si tu n'etais pas la
                Comment pourrais-je vivre
                Je ne connaitrais pas
                Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                Quand je suis dans tes bras
                Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                Comment pourrais-je vivre
                Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Originally posted by Hololz View Post
                  and I've also never heard of the website that she found it on. (Opodo?)
                  My fiance uses Opodo all the time for his flights to come visit me. He's never had any problems with them, and he's booked with them quite a few times now. It's a good company.
                  "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                  Made it official: September 17, 2010
                  Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                  Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                  Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                  Got married: November 21, 2012
                  Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                  Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X