No announcement yet.

I'm contemplating calling it quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I don't like admitting it, I may have been acting selfishly, especially when I wrote this post. At the end of the day, there will be challenges in any relationship, but many times even more so in long-distance ones. Regardless of how I was initially feeling, I didn't jump to the conclusion that it was best to end things. I had to be willing to be patient and we talked things through tonight, it just took him a while to gather everything he wanted to say and to put his emotions on the table. Neither one of us is giving up Thank you for challenging me to consider my actions as well. I appreciate it. Really.

Comment

Awesome to have updates. Even better to know they were good outcomes. Keep it up.
      My blog: A revisit of my most successful LDR. Posting the story of us in chapters.

Comment

For me, its always hard and a rough transition after we see each other. My so is a firfighter/paramedic and he is going to school for his masters (nurse practitioner). Depending on his schedule and course load, there are times when he has very little time to communicate. I tend to get very needy right after seeing him, which I hate.
        Communication is the key. Your so is scared, scared of the transition, scared of the time difference, scared of the distance. You have to let him know without being too pyushy, that there are other ways to communicate, and its ok for him to be busy. And that you can call/text/email just to leave a message of encouragement without expecting him to drop everything and return the contact and vice versa. Let him know its ok to send a text telling you he misses you or is thinking about you, without youwanting to talk to him if he is busy.
        men view communication differently than we do. They dont need to talk contantly, dont need that reassurance that we do. And when we contantly push it on them, they start to back away
        everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

I definitely agree with your point on communication and how men and women view it differently. I've been trying my best not to push it on him. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
          X