Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumps in the road

Hey guys, I just need to vent a bit.

So my SO got a a job about 4 hours closer to be a couple months ago. Things have been going great. I see him every other week or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. He works the overnight shift and normally has Saturday and Sunday off, which is good because those are the only days I can take off. Well apparently his boss decided to switch the schedules. My SO thought he was going to lose one of his weekend days. Okay that wasn't too big of a deal. Well we come to find out today, he lost BOTH of his weekend days.

I an beyond upset. I can't take days off like that. So now I'm not going to be able to see him on weekends anymore. I just want to cry
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

That really sucks. I know his boss changed his schedule, but he should still see if he can get it changed back. Have him tell the truth, he only gets to visit on weekends! That's not fair!

I hope things can get back to normal for you two.

Comment

Yeah, see if he can talk to his boss! Maybe he will be understanding if he explains the situation! It's worth the shot. Or maybe he can alternate having weekends off or something like that! I hope it works out!

Comment

Is there a reason why you can't have weekends off? Ask him to talk to his boss, and maybe do the same with yours? Maybe you can get a weekend day and he can get the same one off! I'm sure it will work out, don't worry!

Comment

Ugh. That is a let down. Especially since you thought that this was going to continue to be a way to see each other more. It is hard to get used to that much time and then have ti taken away.

Im sorry. I hope it works out in some way
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I agree with the others; could you not have a chat with your respective bosses and see if a compromise can be found? I'm not 100% sure how it goes in the working world, but surely your employers can't completely disregard your personal circumstances. I hope things turn out for the best!

Comment

I work for an afterschool program, which means I'm working when school's in session, so the only days I get off are weekends. He talked to his boss when he originally told him and he said " Too bad, I need you weekends". He's kind of a giant dick.

My boyfriend's been looking for a new job since he started working at this one, because he hates it. That being said, he's still working there 3 months later.
              "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Aww..I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe the weekends will only be temporary. After a few weekends your SO and talk to his Boss again... Everything will work out!
                Things happen for a reason especially when you never expected it

Comment

Can he visit you his two weekdays off? He could visit you for lunch and then you have the weekends and overnites together? And you can visit him on the weekends and spend the time he isnt at work together. i know that isnt ideal, but its better than not seeing him at all.

I know all about bumps in the road. We have plenty of them ourselves. But you always have to find something positive in every bump or it will tear you apart.
                  everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

He could, but I work all day. He also works weird house, he used to work from 7 pm to 4am which wouldn't have been too bad because at last I would still have him for most of the day. But they also changed his hours from 3pm to midnight, which means I get my days cut in half.

Comment

Working...
                    X