Such a thing as “Talking too much”?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a thing as “Talking too much”?

We have been dating for about 5 months now, and we are coming up to our 2nd month in our LRD. We talk on Skype almost all the time when we’re not sleeping or at work, and we talk some of the time when either of us is at work. We have a good relationship and one that I think is very strong and very trusting.

My question is” Can we talk too much?” When I brought it up to her and she told me that it came to mind briefly, but was dismissed just as quickly. I don’t know if it’s just me trying to even out my time with the other things I need to do, me being selfish or whatever it might be.

Any thought would be most helpful.
    Regil
    Last edited by Regil; March 5, 2012, 12:23 AM. Reason: fix

Enjoy it it will slow once you close the distance. Nothing wrong at all with talking... you guys sound like my SO and I. Now that we are together we can talk or just enjoy the silence together easily.
    Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
    Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
    Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
    Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
    Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Don't overthink it! My SO and I are pretty much the same and we've been together for over a year and a half now - I'm rather going to miss our long online chats once we've closed the distance If neither of you are getting bored of conversation or running out of things to say, I don't see how talking a lot can be a bad thing. After all, you're getting to know more about one another every time you speak

Comment

Talk as much or as little as you both are happy with. I think it's lovely that you talk so often, I hardly get to talk to my SO because he works long hours and it sucks, so make the most of it!!

Comment

That's about how much my SO and I talk to each other. It's really really nice and I think it brings us a lot closer together. If you two both feel like that is the best way to use your time and you aren't feeling bored during your conversations, then there's no such thing as talking too much.

Comment

It is never too much if you both are ok with that and doesn´t mean to give up other things that will help you during the waiting like going out with friends, etc.

Comment

We talk all of the time. We message through the day and then talk on webcam all night. Friends and colleagues ask me how the hell we manage to find so much to talk about, but the thing is, we don't TRY to find things to talk about. We just talk. We don't have to force a conversation out and we don't have to think of a subject to talk about. There's so many things out there to talk about, and we pretty much always talk about something new. On a night when we are talking on webcam, I think that I can get a tendancy to talk to much though But that's fine because he never shuts up too!

Comment

Originally posted by Regil View Post
                My question is” Can we talk too much?” When I brought it up to her and she told me that it came to mind briefly, but was dismissed just as quickly. I don’t know if it’s just me trying to even out my time with the other things I need to do, me being selfish or whatever it might be.
                I think a couple can talk to much.

But I think your over thinking it in this case. If you both enjoy the conversations and don't feel annoyed by the communication then I'd just go with the flow!

Comment

It's only too much if it's interfering with other obligations you need to do, like work, school, studying, that sort of thing. If it's not, then enjoy it and have fun! If it is, you'll need to find a balance now that you're a few months in, but it's not that hard to do once you get a good rhythm going.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

This

Originally posted by Larvitar View Post
                    It is never too much if you both are ok with that and doesn´t mean to give up other things that will help you during the waiting like going out with friends, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X