Stressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressed

Hi , I am new to the forum so hi to everyone here! It is nice that we are all in the same position and it is good to talk to people as I am at my wits end just now and really stressing out about our relationship. I don't know whether to keep going or end it. I am thinking things over and over in my head and its driving me crazy!

We have been dating for 8 months now, but started going out only a couple of months before I moved away for work. Even in those 2 months we only saw each other at weekends as he works away through the week. I moved away for work for a year and I am 6 months in. We try to see each other once a month for a weekend but I just don't feel it is enough and the distance is really starting to take it's toll. The thought of ending the relationship kills me and when I look at his picture my heart still melts which makes me believe I still love him and we have a good enough time when we are together.

The main problems are that sometimes I struggle to find things to talk about on the phone as I feel we don't have that much in common. I feel if we were together more we could find things we both liked doing but it's hard as we didnt spend long together to find this out before I left. He is such a caring person and I trust him with my life. When we have been together the issue of wanting different things has also come up... I would like to go travelling for a few months while I'm still young and would of liked to do this together but he can't because of his job.

Can anyone relate to this or give me some advice, if you need more details just ask xx

On the main board is a link to questions to ask you so. There is tons of questions you can ask that are good conversation starters. If you dont know each other well, its a good starting point. Also, dont feel like you HAVE to talk to each other on the phone constantly. We do alot of texting, or you can email. Its easier for me to put words together when I type, but people are different.
    The distance is hard, and you should try to do different things when you see each other. Dont just sit around and watch tv or whatever. get out and do things, learn each others likes and differences.
    There are definitely ways to keep the romance alive long distance, you just have to be more creative.
    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Hello! Glad to have you here!
      Unfortunately, lately I haven't had any trouble talking on the phone to my SO, but instead I can't seem to think of anything intelligent to say when we are together in person. lol
      There are great ideas on the site for conversations! Or when we're on the phone and I can't think of anything to talk about I'll ask him what his favorites are. From types of food to types of shoes to anything. I am queen of random questions. But they can lead to learning more about him. and we just have fun with it.

Best of luck to you in your LDR!

Comment

Working...
      X