No announcement yet.

How do you sign off or say good night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're in the same time zone and usually have cam dates every other day or once a week if either of us is very busy. So, we have evening dates. When it's finally bed time and we have to stop skyping, we say good night, love and miss you and most importantly see you later, in sign language. We never say goodbyes.

Comment

We've a 14 hour time difference, so when I wake up, he's on his way to bed.
      We usually have love you more battles, skype kisses and hugs and things like that.

Comment

We're only one time zone different, but he stays up until 3-4 am and I go to bed long before he does. It usually goes like this:
        "I'm gonna go to bed now."
        "Awww, ok. Sleep well and I love you."
        "I love you too. ♥"
        "♥"

Comment

me: what lectures have you got tomorrow?
          him: *lecture times*
          me: ok, cool, have fun in them. night, i love you, blablahblah
          him: i love you too, night
          me: bye x

:P

Comment

My SO and I both have xbox 360's. (They help our relationship so much. We're talking on there now) so we talk to each other on there and he will usually know when I'm tired and say sleepy time for my baby! haha it's cute. But then every night we say goodnight, sweet dreams, I love you so much! and then make kissy noises in the mic lol. It makes me smile.

Comment

our time difference is 1 hour (two now the energy save time started in Canada), but we always say goodbye with "talk to you soon" (this was his idea, since he doesn't like the idea of saying goodbye. Sometimes he uses "a bientot" which is kinda the same but in french) and if it's bedtime, he usually tells me to go to bed a few times before I actually agree to get some rest (I have to be up at 5 am everyday to go to work and he has a pretty crazy schedule at the hotel but he mainly works in the afternoon/night shift so he has no problem staying up late), so we end up saying "talk to you soon" and usually we both say "I'm taking you to bed with me", which I think it's sweet and sexy at the same time, and finally we say how much we love each other and I sign off...

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Well, we usually roleplay putting the other to bed and giving them a goodnight kiss.
                But for the greetings, it's usually "Nighty night hun", "Goodnight my *insert pet name here*" and place some "I love you" anywhere before/after those.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

So many sweet posts! It depends on what we were talking on.

Sometimes it starts with one of us saying we're tired and asking the other if they want to go to bed/come snuggle
                  If its webcam, we say goodnight, Love you, blow kisses,wave then say goodbye sweetheart/handsome from me and baby/beautiful/babe from him
                  If it's Blackberry messenger, it's goodnight,love you and the hug/kiss/heart icons
                  If it's on the phone its goodnight baby/sweetheart,love you then a few bye's till one of us hangs up.
                  Those are the typical ones, we do have times where we get really mushy and are like "No, i love you more" "No i love you way more" etc

I hate leaving him but as im 7 hours ahead it's usually me that has to go unless he's pulled a late nighter.
                  As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

How did I miss this thread?

When we get off Skype he looks at me and tells me good night [insert cute nickname] and I love you, I say it back and then he makes the kissing noise "mmmmwah" and hangs up.

When it comes to teamspeak it's usually him who decides when it's bedtime :P

Him: Alright it's time to go to bed.
                    Me: Alright, honey, have a good night.
                    Him: You too, good night! I love you!
                    Me: I love you!
                    Him: mmmwah
                    Me: mmmwah

After that we always switch to Steam to type:

Him: i love you
                    Me: I love you
                    Him:
                    Me:

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

We usually say "nigh nigh, or night baby followed by love you etc." But mostly we fall asleep on skype together, or I will and he'll be awake all night cuz of his work schedule @.@

Comment

Usually starts off either one of us asking if it's sleepy time, or me trying to force him to go to bed by saying "go sleep" (I had to tell him that last night because he was up until almost 4am trying to fix a computer).

Then it's just goodnight, sweet dreams, I love you, etc. If we haven't told each other our plans for the next day, then sometimes we squeeze it in here as well. Pretty standard, nothing special.

Comment

"Men have no willpower" This made me lol. That's so cute!

Comment

We rarely wish each other a good night actually ahah. We generally text with instant messages till one of us falls asleep (generally him ). If he is out all night I just wish him a good time out and ask him to text me when he's back home even if it's in the middle of the night so that when i wake up the morning after i know he is safe home

Comment

Even if it's just a 30 second phone call, we'll always exchange a verbal goodnight, followed by a "double goodnight" via text message. The double goodnight may seem like overkill but it started back in the early stages of our relationship when I was too nervous to verbally communicate my feelings so I'd try to make up for it via text message. Now it just doesn't feel the same sans our double goodnight!

Comment

I think we're both not fans for saying goodbyes... Haha
                                Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
                                Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
                                Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
                                Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X