Ended relationship, but maybe some realizations might have been made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended relationship, but maybe some realizations might have been made

As some of you guys knew, I was beyond excited because my now ex bf was supposed to be visiting this month. Turns out I was basically played the last 4 months of this relationship. He had no intention of visiting me and only said it to keep me from nagging him. As time got closer I only nagged more and more because I wanted to know details and all of that..... and then for the 3rd time in the span of our one year relationship he pulled his disappearing act. As some of you might know he and I were already having issues..... but I never thought it would come to that again. He promised me he wouldnt pull that again but he did. I decided it was something I myself no longer had the patience and strength to deal with and I ended it a few weeks ago. I find myself now possibly entering in a relationship with my best friend who happens to be in the military and will be deploying very very soon. So I guess Im just hopping to meet other girls that are in relationships with those in the armed forces I guess I just want to hear there opinions on it and what its like and such. My decisions pretty much made and tbh I should of done this a year ago. But I guess I just want to meet people in a similar situation as its going to be an even more difficult journey. Also, how in the world do I get a picture on my profile???? >_<

My SO isn't in the armed forces so I can't tell you about being a military girlfriend from personal experience! There are many lovely ladies here who can though; if you look under the Groups section you'll find support for those in your situation To add a profile picture go to "settings" (top right hand corner, between "my profile" and "log out"), then "edit profile picture" (in the column to the left hand side of the page); browse, choose, upload and you're done! You can add an avatar to appear on your forum posts too.

Good for you for walking away from a relationship that wasn't right for you, and I wish you the best of luck in your new one.

Comment

Thanks, its weird........ I feel an amazing sense of calmness even knowing that this summer might be one of the hardest and scariest. I will definitely search for the support groups and im excited to be able to change my picture haha.

Comment

Congratulations on getting rid of someone who was messing you around. So many people stick around for as many heartbreaks as they get given. You're so brave to decide enough is enough.

My SO isn't military either, and I couldn't tell you anything about it.

Good luck with your new SO.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the end of your previous relationship, but happy to hear you have found someone new.

My boyfriend served in the Army and the Navy and was an Army Ranger. He was deployed and spent some time overseas, even has some scars from shrapnel he took from an RPG blast. But, all this happened before I met him, and he is no longer serving. I cant tell you anything about active service but what I can say is that these men are very proud of what they did, always remind them that you are proud of them as well.

Finding myself.

Comment

Yeah I definitely moved on for the better. I was definitely unhappy, and stressed and I never knew where I stood. And well trust is important. I think this one will definitely work out for the better, he has been my BFF for forever after all. Im a lucky girl for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X