Ways of communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways of communication

As some of you may know there's 74 days left, approximately, until i can be with my SO and eventually dissolve this LDR to a Close Distance Relationship. Super excited about that fact. But we've hit a point where we feel we want to be able to contact eachother more frequently.
    Since i live in Sweden there's few oppurtunities for us to call eachother. So i wonder if anyone here got any advice on services that works well and could help us keep contact easier.
    I know of Skype! I'm wondering of services beyond that.

Thanks

Ooh congrats on closing the distance soon! So exciting~
    Hmm... the only one I could think of at the moment is Vonage but that's a home phone service, it's $15/mo for unlimited worldwide calling.

Comment

Thanks! It's superexciting.
      But at the same time it feels ages away haha.

Hmm yeah i'll check it out.

Comment

My SO and I mainly use windows live or aim to chat and are going to try skype this time. We also use phones, but since that isn't possible I would say some kind of instant messaging service would be good. You could also look for games to play together or a movie to watch online at the same time. Have the IM open to talk about it while watching!

Good luck

Comment

Congrats on going to be Short Distance soon! My guy and I use Oovoo as well as Skype, Msn and of course texting on our cellphones =)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Desya View Post
            My SO and I mainly use windows live or aim to chat and are going to try skype this time. We also use phones, but since that isn't possible I would say some kind of instant messaging service would be good. You could also look for games to play together or a movie to watch online at the same time. Have the IM open to talk about it while watching!

Good luck
            Thanks!
            Yeah we mostly use MSN too.
            But the games and movie thing is a really good idea. Atleast now during summer she will have time for it.
            Thanks i've totally forgot about that

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
            Congrats on going to be Short Distance soon! My guy and I use Oovoo as well as Skype, Msn and of course texting on our cellphones =)
            Thanks!
            Yeah Skype is another possibility as said. Especially the Skype-to-go things sounds really great, because there are not many times we are at the comps at the same time, we both have cellphones with MSN.
            Haha texting. We thought that would work out great. Then suddenly we discovered she had to pay to receive (!!!) txts :S

Comment

well...
              me and my so mainly use msn/ebuddy to vidcall each other for free, but sometimes because of the 5 hour time differance thats not allways possible, so i sometimes phone her using rebtell. i have unlimited local minuites and it turns the international number into a local number then you just pay a small fee (from england to canada its £0.01 a minuite) so that solves alot of cost problems for phonecalls (Y)

Comment

i agree with chris about MSN, using the voice call service through your micrphone is free on MSN too

Comment

Working...
                X