He's here! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's here! :D

And I'm wide awake but he's still sleeping off his jet-lag. It's so wonderful to sleep in the same bed and know that this time it's not just for a visit, but permanent!

He came in late last night and we were up until almost 4 in the morning. He was so exhausted from the flight, but we had an adrenaline rush from being together and ended up being awake very, very late. It was a wonderful first night together in our home. He has a lot to unpack today and we have a lot of logistics to take care of in the coming days (details related to driving and insurance, banking stuff, him signing the lease, etc.), visiting with my family, and much more!

I was wondering if anyone saw my thread on the "Closing the distance" forum - https://members.lovingfromadistance....nternationally - I put it up about a day and a half ago and no one has replied. I could use the help of any LFAD members who've moved internationally to close the distance. I want to gain some perspective on the issue of homesickness and culture shock, and how I as his partner can be as supportive through the adjustment process as possible. If any of you guys who are immigrants can help me out, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

This forum has been helpful in finding support and people who understand during the LDR phase of me and my Love's relationship, and while I may be more busy in the coming months while we get my Love situated in his new home, I will still check back and say "hey" and contribute as much as I can!

I'm so happy for you!!!!! The day is here and I just wish you every happiness in the world!! *happy dance*
    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Congratulations, I'm really excited for you! Wish you all the luck in the world!
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks ladies!

Comment

That sounds great!!! Enjoy your time together!

Comment

Congratulations! Best wishes to you!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Wow, that's great! Good luck to you

Comment

Here's wishing both of you the best of luck and every happiness!

Comment

Congrats! I wish you both all the best!
                  "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                  Made it official: September 17, 2010
                  Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                  Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                  Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                  Got married: November 21, 2012
                  Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                  Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Lucky! Lucky! Lucky! & Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!!! Happy for you!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone! He slept until about 1 pm yesterday, so we had a late breakfast and spent all day unpacking his stuff, and we made homemade pizza for dinner! Was a great day! Today we got up around 9, had breakfast around 10, and he's downloading software for my printer onto his laptop and doing some other techie stuff, and I'm playing online. Later we'll go for a walk and grab some stuff from the grocery store down the street. We're having roasted chicken and fried potatoes with some salad tonight. Tomorrow we'll visit my family, and he gets to meet my little sister because she's home for Spring break! We haven't had much time just to lay in bed and cuddle yet because we have a lot to do before we'll be settled in, but it's just so fantastic to be sleeping in the same bed together, to go to sleep and wake up together, and to know he's right here if I need him instead of over the ocean!

Comment

Oohhhh, I missed your previous thread.. CONGRATULATIONS! It's a wonderful feeling, to close the distance and to know he won't be gone in a few days ♥ It felt surreal fo me for the first month really. I kept thinking he'd go home and that it was just a visit, was hard to believe

Hope you get all the immigrant stuff sorted and can start enjoying living together properly

Oh, and remember to ask for Michelle to give you the alumni badge

Comment

CONGRATS! =D

Comment

congrats on closing the distance!
                              im sure he will be fine, just be very supportive and
                              let him know ur there for him in everyway.
                              i hope u all have a great time together!

Comment

Working...
                              X