That 'spark'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 'spark'?

I've been afraid lately that we're falling into our comfortable love phase. I don't think it's a bad thing, but I don't want to lose our spark before we've had the chance to actually meet face-to-face. We're still in love with each other and we're still vocal about it. But I can't help but feel like he's getting too comfortable. Sometimes he reminds me that when we meet it'll be explosions of adrenaline and passion, but I'm afraid that we'll end up doing what we do now, but together. Has anyone else felt like this? Did you feel that 'spark' again when you met in person? Anything I can do now before we meet?

That happened to me. Atleast for a little while. But now when i will most likely going to move to her town and all it has returned

Comment

Yeah, I feel that sometimes too. But then I feel bad when he's beign cute and -I'm- the one with seemingly no imagination anymore...

Comment

Even though my husband and me were CD when we entered that phase, I think that "spark" is something that comes and goes. Like some days, I feel like we've been married for decades and we've gotten used to each other and then at other times, it feels like we just fell in love. For me, it's a day-to-day thing, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I also think that not spending every minute together keeps the relationship "fresh", so in that way, a LD couple should be able to keep the romance alive for longer than a regular couple that lives together.

Comment

I agree with lumamea. For us the spark seems to come a gndo. We were in that "new relationship phase" for about 6 months. Then it started to get more comfortable. We don't mind the feeling (though we are CD for much of the year so...) but we try little things to get it back. Most of them require that we be together, but date nights while we are apart are good too. I also agree that being together every minute can bring on the lack of spark. My SO and I know from experience, when we are CD we spend nearly every minute together quite literally (apart from classes).

Once you guys meet, I'm sure the sparks will come flying back. Just the site of your SO will be so amazing.

Good luck!

Comment

I don't think you should be too worried about falling into that comfortable stage. I remember when I too was starting to worry about the spark fizzling away and I dicussed it with my best friend who'd been with her boyfriend for over 2 years. She told me it was nothing to panic over, that hell, it's a GOOD thing. Being comfortable shows a sense of trust in one another, that as time goes on it's not just puppy-love that keeps you together but an actual compatibility for one another. And like others have said, I think that spark just comes and goes, and I don't think you should force it and just let it happen naturally as then it will be most pure.

In any case, I DON'T think you have to worry about being bored when you guys meet. That's a completely new and exciting experience and I don't think you would be calm even if you tried!

Comment

Even though my boyfriend and I are in our comfortable place every time we see each other in person after being away that spark always comes back and we get butterflies in our stomach's when we talk on the phone. I don't think it's anything to worry about and you don't have to worry about getting bored because you will have something new and exciting coming when you meet him in person.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Me & my SO have been together for over a year now, LD, never met. I remember when i felt the same way & i remember pushing him away and pulling him close because i was afraid it was the end of us, in all reality, as others have said, some days you're crazy in love back to butterflies & giggling and sometimes your just chill with one another, you'll eventually get used to it and it will be what you're comfortable with. We are LD and even then sometimes i feel like we smother each other and just need time to miss one another. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. But if it bothers you a lot, talk to him and see how he feels about it all. If his feelings are exactly the same as they were or deeper then you're alright :P

Comment

Thanks guys Yeah, that feeling will probably come whenever we do meet. I've been feeling bummed about that too tho. When we will meet. We've been aiming for this summer, but as the days go on I lose hope... It's almost June now. Soon it'll be July... And the summer will have past us by. But that's another topic heh I think part of this feeling as been the fact I've gotten zero alone time the past 3 months. Someone has always been home, so I don't act as flirty as I normally would. I guess, I expect for him not to change since his situation at home hasn't changed, but I suppose it doesn't help that I'm more reserved. :/

Comment

Hey. We've been together nearly a year and a half, and see each other once or twice a month. I still get butterflies in my stomach for a half hour before we actually see each other - whether that's when I'm on a train or he's on his way in the car. I still light up (say my friends) whenever I get a text or message from him. I think that's the 'spark' people talk about. It's excitment. IMO you don't need to even begin to worry until you aren't excited any more. And then, it doesn't mean something's wrong as such... You just need to take a step back and appriciate it all over again.

Comment

i know when my boyfriend and i meet again we will have those sparks becase I still have them

Comment

Working...
                      X