Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CANADA! I have a question for youuu :)

Helloooo Canadian,

this is not to offend you or anything. I just have a question, how is your internet connection?
    I might go to Canada for a few months next year #PRETTY EXCITED!# and I'm in a LDR, you know how important internet is :$ [well for me it's very important cuz me without internet is like a fish without water plus I'm a geek]

hope to see comments soon!
    thank you in advance

greetzzz B)

Well...unless your going to a remote area or closer to where reserves are then your fine. There's free internet everywhere, our connections are awesome :S It's only unreliable if their updating etc..

Comment

thank you digitalfever

Comment

Well, it's sometimes pretty dicey since we all still live in igloos, but if the sun hits the ice blocks juuust right at about 2:47pm, it reflects off of satellites orbiting the Earth at which point internet waves bounce back to us and we get pretty decent WiFi. Other than that, you might have to just hover close to the US border to steal signal from down there.

The Prime Minister is talking about getting wireless internet chips implanted in all Canadian moose next year to provide us with better access, so things are looking good for the future.
        Last edited by LoveJ; March 12, 2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Splendid. Thank you LoveJ

Comment

LoveJ, that's hilarious, I love igloo humour.

I'm Canstralian, not Canadian, but I've lived there. All I can say is their internet shits over the top of what passes for connectivity down here!
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My SO is Canadian and I'm in the UK, we've never had any issues with the internet and while i was there in September the speed was pretty decent.
              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I have a number of relatives in Canada and when they Skype with my family here there have never been any problems!

Comment

I kind of get the impression that a lot of people think Canada is a third world country. It's the same as asking what connectivity in the States would be. Really, it's no different. Like DF said, just like in the States, if you're in the boonies, you get crappy service. If you're in a city or have a provider, it's fine, just like everywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveJ View Post
                    I kind of get the impression that a lot of people think Canada is a third world country. It's the same as asking what connectivity in the States would be. Really, it's no different. Like DF said, just like in the States, if you're in the boonies, you get crappy service. If you're in a city or have a provider, it's fine, just like everywhere else.
                    Until every province has an NBA team we are a third world country. =P

Comment

Originally posted by LoveJ View Post
                      Well, it's sometimes pretty dicey since we all still live in igloos, but if the sun hits the ice blocks juuust right at about 2:47pm, it reflects off of satellites orbiting the Earth at which point internet waves bounce back to us and we get pretty decent WiFi. Other than that, you might have to just hover close to the US border to steal signal from down there.

The Prime Minister is talking about getting wireless internet chips implanted in all Canadian moose next year to provide us with better access, so things are looking good for the future.
                      Pfft at least people THINK you have the internet. The average ignant American thinks that Australia hasn't got the internet and that we ride kangaroos.

NOW that said Australia does have internet at a third-world level.

Comment

Ride kangaroos? Now there's a stereotype worth being proud of. That's AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                          Pfft at least people THINK you have the internet. The average ignant American thinks that Australia hasn't got the internet and that we ride kangaroos.

NOW that said Australia does have internet at a third-world level.
                          Oh yeah, that's not offensive or anything. Only ignorant people stereotype so easily and flippantly.
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't know anything about America's internet or Canada's internet, [I've never been to a developed country before! >.<]
                            I just wanted to make sure that I'd have good internet service.

thanks for all the comments

have a nice day

Comment

You will, VRose Unless you're in a very rural area, you'll have a very adequate connection. Enjoy Canada, it's pretty and the people are friendly.
                              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X