This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming Birthday Visit

I was able to see my man at the end of last month for a long/short weekend. It was "long" because I took two days off work to see him, but it was short because he was at a church event where I was able to surprise him. It was fantastic-his first words to me (after not seeing each other for nearly two months) were "You dirty rotten scoundrel." It was fantastic getting to see him-even for a little bit.

His birthday is coming up at the end of this month. I bought him with a plane ticket home for his birthday-shh! He doesn't know. I'm taking a day off of work and flying up to spend his birthday weekend with him. His mom's birthday is at the end of that week, so he'll be able to be home for that too. I know he misses his family, and I want him to be able to spend time with them. (And possibly be in town for an interview if this job opportunity works out for him..)

So, any suggestions for small gift ideas for his birthday? The plane ticket is is "real" present, but I want to give him a couple of little things he can take back with him. KEY: they have to fit in a carry-on bag! (and be able to make it through airport security!) I know that spending time together will be fantastic, but I was hoping for some unique/cute ideas. I love making things for him-especially since I saw a note that he had kept from me. While we were able to live together for a few months I left him a "Don't forget your umbrella! It's supposed to rain tonight. I love you!" note. So I know the notes and things I give to him are important to him.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Why not make him a batch of cookies? with HBD on them in icing or make him a few silly gift like a birthday shirt etc..

Comment

I go through the same thing with my SO for Christmas every year. I always do things like a photo key chain. One of his favorite books. Gift card to his favorite online store. and I buy all kinds of travel size stuff and wrap each one individually. It always makes him laugh.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I love the travel size things idea! I made cookies the last time I saw him, and by the time he got to them they were mostly crumbs in the bag. I think this time if I do that I'll just freeze the dough and give that to him instead of backed cookies. He likes the dough better anyway!

Thanks for the ideas so far, I'm also thinking about making a little book of notes for him. (I got the idea from Pinterest, a la The Jolly Postman children's book.)

Comment

closing this thread.

Comment

Working...