Hardest Part of LDRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
    I can't stand that one of us is always so sleepy when we talk. something about living in different timezones feels very disconnecting. It's so nice to be doing things at the same time when we are in the same place - even if hes at work i really enjoy being in the same atmosphere .

TRUE!
    \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
    \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
    \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

probably when im watching tv (a rare occasion) and he isnt there... we always watch tv when he is round

when watching tv, when people hug and kiss, thats hard too... miss him so much!

Comment

Lack of intimacy, not being able to comfort or be comforted when one of us is upset or having a bad day, not getting to talk whenever we want, only being able to hear his voice maybe once a week, and him being extremely busy.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I miss just being. Not having to do anything, not having to talk. Being able to read each other's moods and thoughts from our expressions and body language. He can't skype - we have limited internet access, so I don't even see his face when we're apart, other than pictures, and it's not the same. I miss all the things that go with being in the same space and not needing some sort of device to communicate. I equally love and hate my phone. It keeps us in contact, but it's also a symbol of being apart. Grr.

Comment

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
            I like how Bethypoo put it: the immediacy. I miss touching, kissing, waking up next tot him, telling him things the moment they happen, or, better yet, sharing those moments with him. He's told me this summer when I go visit thim, I'm "not leaving his side" and he's going to "mind me like a baby." Aka, we're going to be one of those annoying couples that's attached at the hip.

fine by me!!! :P
            don't worry, we're one of those annoying couples too... when we were CD it got to the point where we wouldn't watch a certain TV show without the other one there. (We watched all of Gilmore Girls and the majority of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix together. I had to finish Grey's alone because I moved.)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I think the hardest part is not being able to be there physically when she's having a rough day. I'd love to just hug her and hold her when things are crappy, and I can't.

Comment

Working...
              X