Missing him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing him

I Just want to know,.does missing your mate get any eaiser? And how can I try to make it eaiser?

It hasn't gotten any easier for me, especially when I think I might be seeing him and then I can't. The only thing that helps me is keeping busy, which takes planning. Even then, I'm still missing him. I don't know how all of you who have been in relationships for years have been able to do it. I don't think I'd be able to do that.

Comment

The missing your SO part never gets easier. You will always miss him. You learn to deal with it and find ways to keep yourself occupied. It helps sometimes but then there are days when you just want to be with him more than anything else. Been there many times. You adjust, sort of.

And there are always people around who are going through something similar, so it helps to talk to people who understand.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

As already mentioned it doesn't get easier,unfortunately. Well you kind of get used to it and you learn to be without them but the missing doesn't stop. No matter how busy I get, there are always times when I feel down and I only want to see my SO and I can't distract myself at all..
        Just try and keep busy. It helps

Comment

No, it doesn't, although some days will be worse than others. As has already been said, the best thing to do is fill up your time with other activities. Nothing is worse than being idle; the hours seem so much longer and you miss your partner's company even more!

Comment

I also found that I never stopped missing my SO while we were LD, but that some days were easier than others. Keeping myself busy to keep from just moping around helped me a lot. Also, it helped that he and I were in communication a lot despite the time difference. We're both in our late 20's and no longer in college, and were just working usual jobs, so we didn't have a lot of other obligations besides work, which made it easier for us to plan times to talk when we had some free time. It really helped to know he was reachable most of the time (except when he was sleeping). We both put a lot of effort into our relationship, so I felt secure which also helped. I did have some depressing periods of time when all I wanted to do was cry because I missed him so much, but I also felt hope because we had a plan to close the distance. When I had downtime, I kept myself busy with books, chores, hobbies, music, movies, etc.

Comment

No sugar coating - no, it doesn't.
              However, it eases when you focus on other things, just like everyone else has said.
              It gets better with time, but no, it never gets easier. Just stay busy and defintely talk on here! I don't miss my SO nearly as much when I'm on LFAD.
              Stay strong xx

Comment

Know what helps me cope with missing him?

I look at his pictures and read our saved conversation from IMs.
                Makes me smile every time.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

Having a plan for either closing the distance or a visit seems to help alleviate the missing some of the time. Routines to have with and without him also help.

Comment

No but I bet when u finally see them he know all those lonely nights were so worth it

Comment

No. It doesn't. Sometimes you miss them a LOT more than other times. Sometimes your really busy and don't miss them as much. But you are always going to miss them. Having a date for closing the distance can help it a bit. I count down everyday till we get to close the distance, like on my signature. I made a big multi-coloured chart on the back of my bedroom door of the weeks there is left. 55 at the minute I think, I'm not too sure... I checked last night when I was half asleep, but I'm not too good with numbers...

Comment

No sadly it doesnt:/ I try not to even think about missing him cuz then i get all depressed:/ i just try to find other things to do to keep my mind off of it when he is sleeping or busy. But it really gets to me at night when im alone and he isnt there:/
                        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Wish I could say it gets easier, but it really doesn't. This is something you have to fight for and fight through, even more so than regular relationships. From the people who just don't get it and detract from the relationship to the fears and then, of course, there is the ever present misery that Facebook causes. I swear I try to avoid it like the plague these days. All my friends are either married with kids, or expecting kids or all that jazz and here I am sitting home hoping that his schedule allows him to get to me. It doesn't get easier, you just have to believe.

Comment

Working...
                          X