Things are getting better with the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are getting better with the family

As some of you know, i've been having a pretty tough time with my family at the moment, being unsupportive and unreasonable.
    Well, i managed to have a couple of sit downs and have a serious talk with my mum.

I think ive cleared the air. I dont think she still completely agrees with it all still, and i can see her reasoning behind some of her thoughts and i accept it and i just hope that my actions in the future can prove to her that she is worrying for nothing and that i am able to look after myself. But she is willing to talk to me now about things, and i think now the reality has hit her that i will soon be leaving, i will have my own life soon and i wont be her little baby anymore. Well... i'll always be her little baby, but i just wont be around as much!
    I think the reality of me leaving in about a year is hitting me, and i must admit im worried for the future. She wont always be around the corner if i need her, me and Sud have to support ourselves and its gonna be god damn hard, but i knew this already. But hey, we all have to leave the nest at some point eh? :P Dont get me wrong im happy to be able to do this and i am excited

But

Now my older brother has been... an arse? :L He has decided to start threatening Sud over email, calling him all the names under the sun, trying to turn me and my whole family against Sud, and basically being completely immature about the whole subject.
    I dont know how to deal with it =/ My brother and me have always been very close and now i havent spoken to him for a week because of how he is being. He was completely out of order. And i cant just stay out his way or forget it, he is living with me and my parents atm as he broke up with his gf a couple of weeks ago... I dont know if that could be why he is suddenly against my relationship? He doesnt understand a LDR at all. He is having ago at me at every given time, taking it out on mum and my sister. I just dont understand... Sud has already blocked off any contact from my brother and hasnt been getting back at him in anyway.

Do you think he is just getting over his own break up and taking it out on all of us? Any advice on how to deal with him? Is he just trying to be protective of me? I guess i would be protective of my brother and sister, and i have been in the past! Its just upsetting how quickly his mind has changed and he knows its upsetting me but he doesnt care...

Just thought id share the good news and see if i can find tactics to try and get my brother to understand it (if he ever will) but it means a lot to me that he is at least civil towards things, you know?
    Last edited by Xanahtas; March 23, 2012, 12:16 PM.

Im glad ur parents have came around a bit.
    My SO is in england, my dad had a fit when he found out.
    I lied to him at first, it didnt make it any better when i went england for 6 mnths.
    The mnths up until i left were a nightmare, I never regreted my choice to go there.
    I loved every second of it.
    Dont let ur parents or ur brother have control over ur relationship.
    If u love him, DONT let him get away! Follow ur heart and trust ur instincts.

Ur brother might be jealous of ur relationship since his has just ended.
    Dont let it bother u. let it roll off ur back.

I wish u all the luck in the world!!
    Good luck with everything! <3

Comment

Makes me so happy to see your mom finally opening up to you. Keep the communication channels open. Being your mom I think at the end of the day she'll want to be an involved in your life and your wedding day as much as she can. (:

As for your brother, it is very possible that he's acting this way because of his breakup, if he was supportive of Sud before this. It is not right for him to lash out at you this way, but the best thing you can do right now is understand that he is going through a very tough, hurtful period and would do anything that makes him feel better. Someday he'll come out of self-pity and realise what a jerk he was being. Good luck!

Comment

I'm glad to hear your family is doing better with the idea! That's wonderful news!

As for your brother, I have no doubt its both his breakup and being protective that is making him act this way. I don't have an older brother, but my little brother is still protective of me in his own ways. xD Brothers just have it in their nature ya know? I bet if you give him some time like you did with your parents, he will come around. That was just a tad extreme when he was threatening your SO and all, but your brother will protect you no matter what I'm sure. xD I hope he will calm down soon though!

Best wishes to you and your SO! Keep your head high!
        "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

I'm so happy your family is being more supportive! I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing more about the wedding planning!

I agree with the previous posters. Your brother's breakup have probably put him in a bad place so he's lashing out at Sud because he is upset that you are in a happy relationship and his fell apart. Give him some time to heal.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
          X