Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its over

Wish I had better news.

HBB and me are calling it quits, or more, he called it quits. If it was me only I would say there is a good chance I will change my mind and get over it, but he was the one doing the breaking up.

We have been fighting a lot, all over this whole dad issue. His father wants us to break up, has told Rob to see other girls, has told Rob I have 'baggage' and other insults and I really am upset over it. So we fight, I tell Rob to move to his moms, get away from it all, he says he will talk to his mom about it. He does, then he says "well, I will confront my dad first" and he does...yet 3 weeks of this cycle nothing has changed. I was getting fed up, and essentially told him if he was going to let his dad control him, own him, that it was more than any girl should have to put up with. He then pretty much said, "Then don't be my girlfriend". I asked him if he was serious and he said yes, he was tired of all the fighting. As he put it, he fights with his dad all day, calls me and fights with me all evening. IMHO I think it is a bit ridiculous that instead of his reaction to this being to 'break up' with his dad since he was the one being an ass, he breaks up with me instead. I was the one always there, always supporting and loving him, making him smile, but yet his dad won. That is a messed up reaction, but it was his.

I feel a bit numb, part of me wants HBB to come around...but even if he does unless something changes we are signing up for more of the same. I cannot tolerate a grown man letting his daddy tell him what to do all day, I am 25 and live on my own as a grown woman and I do not need that. Not to mention it makes me lose so much respect for HBB, in fact I am almost starting to see HBB as a kid. He needs to take control of his life, and I guess in a way breaking up with me is...I just am saddened to see that he thinks I am the one causing issues.

Jesus, I need strength to not call him tomorrow and beg him back. He doesn't deserve me to lower myself that way

I'm sorry to hear this Hun. Just be kind to yourself. Hugs and more hugs

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Sorry to hear things ended. Give yourself time.

All the best.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear how things are going for you now. I'm sending you tons of loving thoughts right now.

Be strong, time is wise and will heal all wounds... we're here for you.

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

I'm so sorry Time will help and at least you got yourself out of a bad situation.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I am so so very sorry to hear this.
            i am here if you want to talk to me, by private message here, or Skype, or email if you want. *hugs*
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Oh damn. This has been a (pardon my French) really shitty week for you, hasn't it? I'm so sorry, dear. You're absolutely right about the maturity thing. You can't be second fiddle to his father forever. And if he wasn't willing to realize that..well, it's probably better that things ended. :/

Comment

I'm so sorry. I've been through a sort of similar situation so I can understand how it feels. *hugs*

Comment

I'm so sorry! Like I said before i'm here anytime you need someone to talk to<3
                  Maybe he will mature a bit about this and change? Then maybe you two could work out. Whatever happens I hope you'll be happy<3

Comment

I'm really sorry... I hope things start to look up for you again very soon. Good luck and take care!

Comment

some people just need more time to matture..maybe he felt pressure from your side but wasn't ready yet to move away from his father..and saying he doesn't want you to be his girlfriend was maybe just a reaction to it. yeah it's totally stupid,but people sometimes say stupis things which they don't mean because they are hurt or anything else.. If it's like this he will think about it and call you to say sorry and that he wants you back. If not let him go,cause he is obviously not able to live an adult life yet.. wish you the best hun :*

Comment

I'm very sorry to read this. Sending you lots of hugs.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you're okay.

Comment

I'm so sorry. I wish you all the best. Give yourself some time

Comment

I'm so sorry. *hug* At least you've found this out now, instead of later down the line when it could've been potentially even more heartbreaking. I'm thinking of you, sweetheart. I hope you're doing well. <3

Comment

Working...
                              X