No Close Date and It's Driving Me Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Close Date and It's Driving Me Nuts

Hey, y'all. New to the site, but I've been lurking for a while. I just need a little extra support here.

My SO and I met online, via a MMO of all things. We hit it off, and just started talking all the time. He came out to visit last May, and as soon as we were together, we knew. Terribly romantic, right? Well, the downside to that is that with him planning to move here (I have a steady job which I like, and expenses are dirt cheap where I'm at), he started preparing to move. He's... a bit of a collector, and has quite the insane collection built up over the last couple decades. He did end up quitting his job, and is selling via eBay his collection (except for a few choice pieces he wants), and is making a fair profit off of it, which is awesome.

The problem? He won't commit to a close date. Now, I understand deadlines get missed. I would be disappointed if that were the case, but look forward to the next one. He's got a hard deadline of September, but it's been months since we started planning this and he's... not here, lol. He's still got the "large" storage to go through. He's made about five grand--money is NOT the issue here, at all. It's time, time spent apart, and a time not stated.

It's driving me absolutely crazy that he refuses to give me even a ballpark date, you know, plus or minus a month. I told him that I was taking September as the date then, and he laughed. I wasn't joking. I think he's just lucky I realize ultimatums are horrible and never get you anywhere, otherwise it would be 'Pack up the rest, move it, be here by April 30, or don't bother'.

Is there anyone else in my situation? Again, there's absolutely NO doubt he's moving. None. Zero. Zip. He is. It's just a matter of when, and he won't say!

Rassin' frassin'... stupid men. :P

Well, talk to him about it.
    if he laughs just tell him ur not joking
    and u wanan know when hes gonna come live with u.

let him know ur serious.
    i have the same issuse with my SO
    hes difficult about picking a wedding date.
    hes syaing its to soon to pick.
    no its not, not if we wanna marry next year!
    i dont think its to early at all.

i hope all works our for u and that ur love moves in soon!!

Comment

Welcome to this site, I will think you will find comfort in knowing that there are other people in your situation. (me for instance) Like the other girl said, you need to sit him down and have a serious conversation. If he has the money there is NO and I mean NOOO excuse. Unless he is not committed to the relationship. See if he is committed.

My situation: In serious LDR with my high school sweetheart for 6 years..and counting. Our problem is separate schools and no cash. His mom pays for his schooling out of pocket (bad credit i assume) and there is no telling when we will be together in the same city. My BF says give me until 2015. I'm like hell no, 3 more years of this BS?? I will be even further from him when I go to grad school. So by 2015 I'd be better off hurrying up finishing school, finding a job and moving him into my place myself. (but of course the day to day torture will be unbearable) Saying that, it also drives me nuts that my BF won't tell me his academic plans, and practically only takes 1-2 classes a semester while working. So even though he is "working hard", compared to my ridiculous course load, its easy to think "Whats taking you so long to finish school???".

Bottom line: Figure out why he is procrastinating...the real reason. LISTEN to what he is saying and HOW he is saying it. Girls are different, they tell you everything in their head and heart. Guys need a little encouragement.

Comment

Working...
      X