X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe Anxiety :(

Hey guys,
    I thought I'd come here for some advice as everyone is so helpful and kind
    Basically my SO is going on a trip to a Thai island this weekend, and on the way back he'll be flying. For some reason, I don't know why, I am absolutely terrified of something awful happening during the flight - including the worst possible scenario. I don't understand why I feel like this, I usually worry all the time anyway but never this badly I know I'm being unrealistic and irrational and I try so hard not to think about it, but I just can't help it. I'm afraid to speak to him about it because he'll probably think I'm crazy.
    What do I do? I can't go on like this

It's normal to come up with worst case scenarios for flights and well anything really. I'm horrible for that! He'll be fine, planes are safer than cars and with all of the security measures in airports, it would be impossible for anyone that's out to hurt people to get on a plane. Let him know you're worried, I'm sure he won't think you're crazy. It'll be okay *hugs* just try to relax

Comment

I daresay we all suffer from this fear at some point or another! Remind yourself though that there's no reason whatsoever why anything should go wrong with the flight he'll be on. Hundreds of planes (and any other mode of transport for that matter) carry people safely to their respective destinations every day without misfortunate incidents taking place. The cases where something happens are very much in the minority, but as humans we tend to overestimate the odds of dreadful but infrequent events occurring. Don't be afraid to tell your SO how you're feeling - chances are he'd be worrying the same about you if the roles were reversed! Do stay positive and try to think about the situation objectively. Also, if you're at all religious and find comfort in doing so, say a little prayer when it's time for him to come back

Comment

I have lived my life full of the anxieties of the "what ifs"....really try to focus on the moment right now...that everything is fine and will be fine. Have faith. Faith in whatever you believe. And you are NOT alone in this!!
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
        X