Met online..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met online..

I met this boy named Shaun on an application called Thumb. We talked everyday on the app. Then it came to texting and skyping. He wants to try long distance but I won't see him for 5 years until I get done with school. We also have never met in person.

He wants to try long distance, but I need advice. He is also three years older than me. What should I do?

Welcome to LFAD!!! How old are you? Why do you have to wait five years?
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Yes, I'm wondering too, why do you need to wait 5 years? That's a very long time to wait, especially if you are fairly young. It is possible, but at younger ages (while you're still in middle/early high school), it's less practical because of a lack of resources and the fact that you aren't a legal adult. Perhaps enlighten us a little more?
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

If I had the option of doing long distance for 5 years without meeting the person, or being young and going out in my teen years I would pick the latter hands down.

Comment

I think at any age having to wait 5 years is a looong time. As much as i love my SO, if i knew it would have been a 5 year wait to meet when we started dating i doubt i would be that keen to give it ago. Its such a long time to wait for someone you've never met.
          I think if you had met at least once and then had to wait 5 years that would be slightly different. I know people have had to wait a long time and thats fine. But in my opinion its quite long. It may not seem too long but having been in a LDR for almost a year and 8 months, its longer than it seems! Id hate to be like it for 5 years...
          How old are you?

Comment

You must be very young, and honestly, this just doesn't sound worth it to me. You'll waste way too much of your youth waiting around, and you only get that once, whereas boyfriends come and go. How far apart are you?
            Seriously, this doesn't sound like a situation that'll have a good outcome. Can't you just be friends, date other people, and see how everything goes?
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
              You must be very young, and honestly, this just doesn't sound worth it to me. You'll waste way too much of your youth waiting around, and you only get that once, whereas boyfriends come and go. How far apart are you?
              Seriously, this doesn't sound like a situation that'll have a good outcome. Can't you just be friends, date other people, and see how everything goes?
              What Moon said.

Comment

5 years is a very long time sweetheart.
                I know personally I wouldn't be able to wait that long.
                ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

I agree five years is long, please becareful, how long have you been talking?

Comment

Working...
                  X