Frustrated:Experience This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated:Experience This?

Okay, so I am not sure what's going on so if you can reply and share your experiences and advice that would be great. So my boyfriend doesn't have a phone card to call me, (can't afford one-which is understandable) but lately it has just been up to me to initiate the calling which is kind of frustrating. So lately when I call my boyfriend, it seems like he's busy or irritated or whatever. Most of the time he is busy going to do something but it sounds like an irritation in the way his voice is and the energy that I get from him. It almost seems like because he had plans in his head to complete a task or whatever, that he is bothered I am interrupting him by calling. The only thing I have to go by is how he says things over the phone. There is no way to tell by his body language or his facial expression, so I just feel like he doesn't get that. I try to express to him that's how I feel but then he gets frustrated and expresses to me that he's 'not sounding like anything'. I ask more than once 'if everything is okay?' and that seems to make him more frustrated. He replies with something along the lines of, 'I would tell you if something was bothering me." Perhaps in my head I made the decision that he is irritated based on how he sounds so when he tells me otherwise its hard to believe him? Any perspectives would be greatly appreciated (:

He needs to get skype to call you (you can actually get a local number to dial to from your phone which can connect you internationally though skype, so basically for free). Let him do some work so you can see his feelings though HIS actions not yours.

Comment

Hi. Yes I have had this problem with my boyfriend as well. Usually I can tell if anything is wrong and I ask him about it. He does this too when we are actually together and I ask as well. When he says nothing is wrong but still acts silent or not talking, I ask again and then he gets frustrated saying...I'm frustrated now because you keep asking if something is wrong. So as much as it is hard from me to let it go when I feel something is wrong with him. I am learning to just let it go and he would tell me if something was really bothering him. The only advice I can offer is that if you think something might be wrong and after asking so he says no...then try to just let it go. As for calling him all the time because its expensive for him...I also do that with my boyfriend since it is so expensive to call me. But maybe you can tell him that you don' t mind calling because you know it cost him more but you would appreciate if he called once in awhile even if its not for that long. i don't know I did this with my boyfriend and he tries to call more on his own so maybe it will help you as well. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by lpuckett View Post
        He needs to get skype to call you (you can actually get a local number to dial to from your phone which can connect you internationally though skype, so basically for free). Let him do some work so you can see his feelings though HIS actions not yours.
        Def agree with this as well. there are others ways to get in contact with you

Comment

Thanks We do use Skype but only once in a while because we've both been so busy (our schedules are opposite lately) Also I think he might be stressed with a bunch of things in his life currently but he just doesn't really talk about it. I talked to my dad about this situation a few moments ago and he's going to secretly place a calling card in an envelope and place it in his mailbox lol It's different to Skype because we have to plan for it, (takes more time/to set it up and to spend more time hanging out/watching tv/movies but I love getting random calls from him throughout the day. I think I do need to just let it go because it is actually something silly...but I am going to give this situation some space and time. I have told him I don't mind calling because I do know that it would cost him more. What we usually do is when he has a phone card he calls me for a few seconds and then I call him back because for me it's free (I have him on my my5) Anyways, all will be okay, this I know! Thanks for your perspectives, I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
          X