jealousy is killing me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
    People have different views of "being there" and how much communication is needed in a relationship. The two of you might have different ideas of what constitutes "enough". You've told him once and he changed, but now he's slipped back. Talk to him again. He may feel he's giving you enough, and he won't know he isn't until you tell him.

Additionally, I for one find it very easy to comment on Facebook. It takes no time or thought. But to reply to my SO does. I might be at work and not have any time, but I might have Facebook open and respond to something there in between tasks. Could I spend that time sending my SO a message? I could, but it would be quick and have little thought behind it. That's not to say there would be no value to it; it just wouldn't have a lot of thought behind it.

You got involved with a flirty man who has a lot of girl friends, and you knew this going in. If you feel bad about how he's acting, you can speak to him about it, but it really isn't fair to ask him to change. If he's doing nothing wrong and he isn't disrespecting you, feeling bad is on you and your insecurities and that's something you need to work on for yourself; it's not on him to change his personality to make you feel better.

That said you can probably talk and reach a compromise, but I firmly believe if you go into a relationship knowing someone might have habits or personality traits that bother you, you're really in no position to ask them to change.
    eeem I am not asking for looong conversations but just a 'helo I'm doing good' ya know? but he rather chose to comment on a friends new hair style and reading some sport news..

and as for the thing with the openess.. like I said I was fine with ot when we were CD, but in a LD he should also care about me and how I feel about it. Guess I should have known better..

Comment

Working...
    X