Anybody start as a Summer Romance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody start as a Summer Romance?

This song was just released. Very pretty song about when summer comes to an end and so does the summer romance. My only thought was, "Why don't they just go LD?" Haha
    Jon McLaughin and Sara Bareilles- Summer is Over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7YgbX3GuA

I had a summer romance once, but until I met my SO long distance was never a thought.

Comment

We started as summer romance, sort of. We started chatting at the beginning of summer and then he made plans to come here for a week of holidays/to meet me. I knew we would get together that week he's here but didn't really expect we'd continue after that. But then it just felt so natural to stay together we didn't even have to think about it.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

We definitely did. I was very much convinced that JP was going to be my fun, casual summer fling and then we'd part at the end of my time in Paris on good terms. I'm very glad I didn't stick to that plan.

Comment

Haha yes indeed, we started as a summer fling. For two or so months we were extremely Casual but had so much fun together. I thought I'd never hear from him again after the end of summer rolled around - boy am I glad that was definitely not the case :-)

Comment

We started dating in the summer, but were more of a winter fling before that haha. But I guess it was kind of a summer romance, we went LD in July and started dating in May.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Not really a summer romance, because it happened in the winter, but it kind of had the same guidelines as a summer romance! We worked in the same place, but he initially sparked my interest when all of us went to a mutual friend's 21st birthday party. Obviously, we got a little tipsy and ended up kissing each other. Not really a solid foundation for a serious relationship, in my opinion... and we kind of kept at it with a casual, I-like-you-you-like-me thing but nothing more relationship and then he asked me to be his girlfriend a couple months later. I still didn't really think it was going to be for reals until I realized that I had never felt like this about a guy.
              sigpic

Comment

My SO and I started as a summer romance. We started talking during the final weeks of school and it wasn't until into June/July that the romance began to kick in. xD The summer heat gave us plenty of excuses to go on water park dates at the time. :P I wouldn't have had it any other way though.
                "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

My second boyfriend could be counted as a summer romance I guess, it started in summer and ended at the end of summer but I didn't really plan it that way, it just kinda happened.

Notes:
                  Met: 8.17.09
                  Started Dating: 8.20.09
                  First Met: 10.2.10
                  Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
                  X