Falling apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling apart

my fiance has been dealing with one health problem after another. his latest issue was his back- he has a pinched nerve and the shot he was given caused a severe reaction and now he's got no relief. because of all of the side effects, with one of them being a 5 day unrelenting headache- he had an MRI done. there was a spot on it. between this headache and the nosebleeds (same symptoms of his benign brain tumor last year) he's not doing good... and neither am I. he's got a doc appt to discuss things further. I just bought a ticket to fly down to see him this summer and I'm afraid that he might not be here then. I'm barely holding it together and I can't stop crying.

He'll be okay! The doctors are taking great care of him. He's in the hands of medicine and science and they'll do everything they can for him. All you can do is be as supportive as possible for him, make sure he's keeping up with all of the doctor's orders, and take the best care of him that you can. He's afraid, too. It sounds impossible, but one of the best things you can do for him is to put on a brave face. He needs to know that you'll be there for him. Try to stay strong while you two are talking. It's okay to break down when he's away, but know when he needs you to stay strong. He's in my thoughts, and so are you.

Comment

((HUGS)) That's so heart-wrenching...for him to be going through all this and you not being able to be there (physically) for him like you want to be. Don't really know what to say but hang in there. I believe in the power of prayer and you and your fiance will be in mine. Hope good news comes out of that doc appt - when does he go?

Met: November 19, 2010
      Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
      Made it official: April 29, 2011
      Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
      Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
      Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
      K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
      Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
      Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure a visit will put both of you in better spirits. Best wishes to you both and both of your families.

Comment

I hope things will get better for both of you.

/hugs
          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

"Falling Apart" also takes on kind of a literal sense, doesn't it?

Any reason you can't just advance your trip down there to be with him while he's in the hospital? If you can afford a ticket for the summer. Just get one for sooner.

Comment

I was gonna suggest just going there as soon as you can as well, if possible. I'd imagine it might make you feel a little better or at ease.

I'm so sorry to hear you two are going through this, I really hope your fiance will be ok *hugs*

Comment

I'm sure everything will be fine for you and your SO.

But I'm with LoveL and elina here, if I were you, I would go see him as soon as possible!!!
                Of course if you can afford it and take time off work/school. Or maybe your parents would borrow you some money?

I'm sure being with you would help him feel better at once!!

Wish you the best!

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that your SO is feeling well. Maybe you could send him something? Like a gift basket if you are able? Things like homemade treats, or DVDs to keep him busy. If you can't do that, why not send him love letters, or even make a video of yourself reading to him?

It'll kill two birds with one stone, by making him feel better and keeping you busy so you don't worry as much!

Best wishes!
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Working...
                  X