Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is gone again and I'm depressed

Hello there,

My boy was over here for two weeks. We had such a great time but on Sunday he headed back home and've fallen into such a deep hole since. I try and distract myself but tonight there is nothing to do that keeps me from breaking down once an hour. Additionally I have an ear infection that bothers me. I easily freak out about such things an start to irrationally panic that I get tinnitus and that it all gets worse. So I try and relax but at the end I break down again either because of that or because of my loneliness And I'm that close to quitting my teaching training and move to him (which is extremely stupid and I won't do). I don't know what's happening to me. I got quite used to the distance and last time I was over there to visit it wasn't as bad when we were apart again as it is this time. In fact, I feel like it's getting worse and I don't know how to survive the next 5 1/2 weeks, which again, I know, is not that long until we see each other. Still, I feel empty inside, I'm shaking and I could just cry, cry , cry...
    Please help

Aww it'll get better as you get back into the routine of an LDR. Try not to focus on the time left or the distance (which I know is hard).. and get busy either with work or a new hobby or TV show or a book or something else when you can't talk to you SO. Make a habit of knowing when you'll be able to speak to him, how ever often you are able to realistically do that, depending on your schedules. And before you know it those 5 1/2 weeks will be gone and you'll be with him again. Take care, smile at the memories, don't let it get sad that he's gone because you will see each other soon right? I'll be okay and in the meantime you can hang out with all of us here at LFAD who know how you're feeling because we're all in similar positions you are in.

Comment

The worst part of an LDR is the time right after a good period of time together when you can still smell them, feel them, taste them and hear them, but they're not there anymore. I know how you feel. LoveL and I are coming down now from our longest period together and it really, really sucks. But squeeker is right, in that it'll get easier once you get into the swing of the LDR again. It always feels worse right after a trip, but it always gets better, too. And 5 1/2 weeks isn't bad at all! See if you can get a block of cheese to grow mould in the fridge before the next trip.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveJ View Post
        And 5 1/2 weeks isn't bad at all! See if you can get a block of cheese to grow mould in the fridge before the next trip.
        hahahaha, this is probably the best advice ever given on LFAD.

Comment

Thanks so much for your answers. They made me smile, especially LoveJ's
          LFAD is amazing. It's so good to be with people who feel the same.

Comment

Working...
          X