Appropriate idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appropriate idea?

My SO's dog just died today and she is really torn up about it. She's had her dog for 13 years and it was the last of her other two. I'm doing my best to be there for her when she needs to talk, as I know how difficult it is to lose a pet.

I was thinking of making her a virtual pet online and sending her the link? But, I'm not sure if that would be appropriate or not. I thought perhaps we could take care of it together and maybe it would help her a bit since I can't get her a real dog.

Does that sound okay? >.<

I personally think that's a sweet idea, especially if it's something the two of you could do together. I would wait for a bit, though. Give her some time to mourn the friend she just lost first.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbycat View Post
      I personally think that's a sweet idea, especially if it's something the two of you could do together. I would wait for a bit, though. Give her some time to mourn the friend she just lost first.
      This.

And you are such a sweetheart! Your gf is very lucky to have you.
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

It's a very cute idea!
        Like the others said, I would wait a bit before doing that.

♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Give her time to heal a bit first. If she was close to that animal, jumping right back into something would be too soon, even something virtual.

Comment

Yep, I agree with what all the previous posters said.

Comment

If having an almost-real pet is too soon for her, you could always send her a stuffed dog to cuddle with at night

Comment

Originally posted by LoveJ View Post
                If having an almost-real pet is too soon for her, you could always send her a stuffed dog to cuddle with at night

Or maybe a

Comment

Originally posted by LoveL View Post
                  Or maybe a

A fat smiley face in a fishing boat? Great idea baby
                  Last edited by LoveJ; April 18, 2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

That's supposed to signify a fish, since they are a less personal pet.....

I'm so smooth.

Comment

Working...
                    X