Worried we might break up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried we might break up.

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 5 months almost 6. I live in the U.S. She lives in Philippines. She has just graduated from college. I am just starting and wont be done for 2 years. We made plans a while back for me to go to her in august of this year. I learned I can not go there now. Because I work full time and college full time. I told my manager about us and about our plans to see each other in august. He said if I leave for vacation. I will be fired. I told girlfriend that and now she says she cant deal with not seeing me in august. And doesnt wanna wait longer than that. What should I do? I love her to much to lose her.

What is the reason that you can't get your days off? I would always think in solutions, so, ok you can't get days off in August, can you get days off in a different month?
    \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
    \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
    \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

I think I need more information. I'm a bit confused.
      Have you visited since you've been together?
      She just graduated, can she come see you?
      Can you wrack up some vacation hours to use later?
      How long would this trip be?
      What is this job that you can't take vacation or have someone cover your shifts?
      How are you going to work full time and go to school full time?

Comment

can you not pay for her to come visit you? How long were youplanning on going for? You are giving 3 months notice, and your boss is telling you you will be fired. How important is this job that 3 months notice isnt long enough to be able to find someone to cover for you? or have you not worked there long enough to have accrued vacation time?
        everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Sorry. We have not seen each other since we have been together. She has no money to come see me. She is currently looking for a job. No there are no vacation hours. I work fast food... Mcdonalds. On the days I am not going to school I am working. I have night classes this semester. And in the morning and weekends I will be working when I am not in school.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

I can and offered to pay for her. But she said she does'nt want me too. I was planning on 21 days. It isnt that important to me. It is fast food. I have been there 6 months.

Comment

I'm not sure how the job market is in MI but I know here in CA, people are lined up even to get a job at fast food restaurants because they are desperate for some income. Ordinarily fast food employees don't last much longer than a year, usually the person gets fed up with the low wages or how they are treated. (I worked at Taco Bell as a teen and absolutely hated it there!) So if the job market is better than it is out here by me, I wouldn't stress about the job. If they fire you, they fire you. Get a job at Starbucks next, at least you will get full time benefits even with part-time hours!
            Last edited by FierceFoxie; April 22, 2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

honestly, find another job. There are far better places to work than McD's (not saying there is anything wrong with it if you are trying to make ends meet), but there is no reason to put up with the "not time off or youre fired" attitude. Granted you may not get 3 weeks off at another job - most places give you 2 weeks a year. Check on campus, check your local craigslist.
              I can understand her not wanting you to pay for her to come see you. But talk to her about it. is she not comfortable coming to the states? Would she have trouble with a passport?
              everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

I would also suggest the get another job route. If you are not desperate to keep it to make ends meet, and the job market is not particularly abysmal where you live(read: people are lining up to apply for your position at McD's), then take the time to see your gf.

Comment

Id say get another job and take the time to see her. If you have enough to keeep you going for a while, then work as long as you can, hand in your notice and find another job elsewhere. Im sure you'll find another job

Comment

Jobs are truly hard to come by these days. I would try to find another one, but don't quit until you are sure you have another.
                    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Working...
                    X