I'm just...bummed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just...bummed.

And I don't think I really should be. Really, I should be happy - ecstatic. But...well here's what's happening:

My fiance and I are getting married soon. He had his visa interview last Tuesday. It all went fine except one thing. They need a "letter of intent to marry" from me since our application is over 4 months old. I sent that out on Monday and that should be that. The way the embassy made it sound, once they got that, he would get his visa. I'm still not getting my hopes up.

But that aside, our wedding is in September. We were a little unsure when he was supposed to move here. He's in a bit of a predicament, money-wise. His parents agreed to pay for his debt so he wouldn't have to worry about that once he moved here. Which is good for him I guess. But the stipulation seems to be they are deciding when he moves here. And he's told me they will probably try to keep him there as long as possible.

Okay - I understand they're his parents and they won't see him regularly anymore once he moves here. But I can't help feel a bit disappointed. I'm increasingly becoming more and more busy at work and life and planning this wedding - where my parents are helping me pay for it - is getting to be overwhelming. I was hoping he would move here in time to help me with some of this but doesn't look like that will be happening.

I know I'm being a bit selfish and I'm trying not to be - but I feel a bit down and I guess I just needed to vent. Thoughts?

Met: November 19, 2010
    Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
    Made it official: April 29, 2011
    Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
    Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
    Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
    K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
    Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
    Got married: September 22, 2012

Just focus on the fact that, after all, no matter how long his parents make him wait, you'll marry him in September!!! and you'll get to be together and will forget about all the non-sense

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do about it.
      I understand that you're upset, and I get it. You wanted to make the wedding a joint effort, and from so far away from each other, it's not really possible until you close the distance. It really sucks that you won't get the extra help. (The up side of this is that you get complete control over your big day, and no one can call you too controlling, because there's no one to help do it. )
      Of course it's going to be hard for his parents to let go. Wouldn't yours do the same if the situation was reversed? Let them have their time with him. They know he HAS to be there for the wedding in September, so he will be there then.
      *hugs* Feel free to be a little bit moody about it, I would be if I were in your shoes.

Comment

You should focus on the fact that you will finally close the distance PLUS getting married!
        This is so awesome!

So many of us are far from that yet, so be happy
        ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Working...
        X