Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get over something that hurt me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
    I really appreciate all the support and feedback guys. I know it wasn't an issue of him not being able to deal with the stress/emotions of a loss like that like some people suggested, as the first time he visited me, my grandpa died and he came with to the funeral and was really sweet and supportive during that time.I read several posts last night before deciding that I should contact him about it. Since it was late, I e-mailed him. I tried to keep it brief and non-threatening, just explaining things. We ended up talking about it, he mentioned that he was suprised that I was still upset about it, I guess because we have talked about it before and he has apologised before. But he apologised again and was really good about the whole thing. He said he never meant to tell me, but apparently he almost got fired from work that night which lead to him making a bad choice. Not that it's an acceptable excuse, but it at least helps explain why he did what he did. And he said that he didn't do it in a malicious way to try and hurt me, but that it was simply a bad and inconsiderate decision on his part.

Long story short, I think just getting it off my chest some more helped too and I do feel better about it.

In regards to that, I guess it can be seen as playing games, but I wasn't intending to. The first thing my SO does when he gets home from work, is come and look for me if I'm not in his room. So I just naturally figured that he would again, especially in those circumstances.
    I'm happy to hear that he's being good and understanding! I'm sure it's a relief to have it off your chest, I find putting things down in writing (or typing I guess!) helps me have some closure from things. But best of luck moving on from it, and I don't know if I mentioned, but sorry for your loss.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
    X