not-so-happy birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not-so-happy birthday

so today is my birthday. my SO and I planned to have some fun together. I am usually lonely since I don't have many friends where I am living. however she had some sudden work which is due tomorrow and she had to spend time doing it. well I agreed and said we could do something later at night. neither of us knew that the work took so long and it was too late when she finished it. the problem is this is not the first time we have to cancel our plan because of her work. When we started our LDR, we have some problems with this. but in time, I became more empathetic and easier on that. but somehow I couldn't take it today and got pretty upset about it. We haven't talked about this yet since she had to go to sleep after that but I'm pretty upset right now.well she did leave me a birthday message on fb when I'm at the college but I want to actually talk and have fun with her. I don't want to be a selfish jerk but I really want to have some time with her on my birthday. I don't know if I should tell her about me being mad about this because I'm just afraid she would think I am selfish and don't understand for her. what should I tell her now?

First of all, happy birthday! I'm sorry you didn't get to spend time with her. Just bring it up, maybe not in a mad tone, just so she knows it made you sad?

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Thanks yeah I'm trying to cool down a bit, hope I might have something properly to tell her before she wakes up

Comment

Sry to hear it didn't go as you would have wanted.
        Happy bday ^_^

Maybe you should talk to her yes, maybe she didn't know it was that important to you.
        You know I have met ppl in the past who didn't care about their birthdays and even met some ppl of other religion who were forbidden to celebrate birthdays.
        So just talk with her and make sure she knows it's important to you.
        Maybe she just didn't know.
        ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Happy Birthday and sorry things didn't go as planned. I always try to look at the other side before jumping to a conclusion and all though you are entitled to be upset that you didn't get time with her, it sounds like it was a situation she could not help. It was work related and unfortunately work is often a priority because it's how she earns a living. She did think of you and posted on your FB so at least she didn't forget.

Definitely communicate you were bummed about not spending time with her on your birthday but try to be a bit more understanding that it doesn't sound like it was intentional or that she didn't care.

Comment

Cheer up! unfortunately it does hurt a little when that happens, specially when it comes to birthdays. In my case, I will never forget the fact that the day he moved to his current city, was precisely my birthday. It was really sad... but there are always things to cheer you up. In my case, I did silly stuff. My mother did not want to get cake for my b-day so I got a hamburger and lit the candles on it...so it's a funny memory of what would've been a sad night.

Comment

it took quite a while but we finally worked it out many unlucky things happened to her and my high expectation on this day was a bit too high that made both of us quite intense but in the end I was very happy that we made up happily first birthday far from home was pretty rough at first but I'm still happy by the end of the day thanks everybody for helping

Comment

Working...
              X