Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three amazing years and one terrible night. (Officially over)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three amazing years and one terrible night. (Officially over)

My SO and I had recently been going through a rough time given that a new job had taken away my plans to spend the summer with her. I went down to visit yesterday, hoping to get one more week with her before coming back up here and starting my job. I had also hoped that week would allow us to regain some of the confidence about making this relationship work over the next two years. That night though, she told me she wasn't able to keep this up anymore and that our relationship needed to end. I've never been more devastated in my life. She asked me not to spend the night, I gave back her apartment key, hugged her one last time and drove back home. I feel incredibly empty inside... I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do with myself. The worst part is, I'm sure she feels the same way, but I can't be there for her anymore.

I don't really know what else to say except thank you all for your advice and support. These last few months would not have been possible without it. You've helped me more than you can imagine. Finally, I do want to remind you all that LDRs clearly can and DO work; the evidence is all around you. We weren't quite strong enough to last, but we did get three amazing years and there are many other couples that have gone much longer at much further distances. Don't ever give up. I'll miss everyone here, but I don't think I'll ever be back... It was a great ride, but not something I think I'm up for again.
    Last edited by magician13134; April 27, 2012, 09:01 PM.

That is terrible! I am so sorry! There is always the possibility that things will eventually work out for you, but this is awful. I'm sorry you drove all that way only to have her break up with you, too. My heart is breaking for you. Stay distracted! I hope everything works out well with your job and you can start to move on... just remember, everything will work out for the best in the end. We will be sorry to see you leave, but we'll still be here if you ever want to pop back in and chat!

Comment

Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear that. LDR's are very difficult and take a lot out of you. Be strong and keep yourself busy. Best of luck

Comment

I'm so sorry. LDRs are incredibly tough. I pray that you find comfort and that your heart will heal and smile again soon. Best wishes!

Comment

I agree with everyone!I am sure that it wan't the love who break you but the distance in those three years. But in the end you tried it..so you will never regret for not doing it. who knows maybe everyhing will turn better for both of you, however I wish you the best in your life and success in your new job! stay strong!!

Comment

I can't add much to what the previous posters have said apart from how sorry I am. You did your very best, don't forget that; perhaps this time it simply wasn't meant to be. Good luck for the future and take care!

Comment

I'm so sorry I wish you all the best for your future. You're still always welcome here!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I am sorry to hear that sweetheart...
                I hope you will be ok and I wish you to find happiness wherever you may go.

/hugs
                ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this

You will find happiness and you never know, she might change her mind after she realises what she's given up... I wish you all the best for the future and if you ever decide to come back we're all here for you

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this too and like floridaellen said you're always welcome here. Good luck with your new job and best of luck in the future!

Comment

I'm so sorry! if you ever need to chat we're here for you! (hugs)

Comment

I'm sure she still loves you, and I know you love her, but sometimes the distance for some is too much to endure. Be thankful that you and her shared the time you two did together and grow with one another. Life is crazy. Perhaps this isn't the last chapter for you two. In the meantime focus on yourself and stay strong!

Comment

Wishing you the BEST of luck in where ever ur future takes you. Remember, everything happens for a reason....
                          sigpic
                          Not to get clever
                          but with you I see forever
                          But whatever it is,
                          Here's to you,
                          I Love You Kid...

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that! But I wish you good luck with your new job, and hopefully you'll like it and it will get you distracted!!

Comment

Thank you all so much! It has been such a comfort to me to read through all of these. I know I'm hoping that this isn't the last chapter for us; we're fortunate enough that in just a few years, the distance will close and we're planning on giving it another chance then. But until that time, I'm going to stay busy, focus on school and work, and hopefully prepare myself to be the best person I can be should we ever get another chance

Comment

Working...
                              X