Grateful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grateful!

This is not really something that happened to me but to someone else, although it involves me and I wanted to share.

I have a friend I met at school who used to be in a relationship but broke up because his gf had to move. He and his SO kept in contact and he always told me how much he still loved her but was unsure about having a LDR being a good idea for them. He made up his mind a few weeks ago and we managed to squeeze a trip to visit our respective SOs. This weekend, his SO came over because of something going on and they met... and finally, after a year of breaking up, they are back together and willing to try a long distance relationship. My friend sent me a text that night and told me they were back together and thanked me for being there for support and for showing him how this is possible, he said seeing my relationship working gave him strenght and inspiration to try it himself. I felt really good for him, I think it had been ages since I was so happy for someone as now! It is thanks to this friend that I was allowed to visit my SO too (I am not allowed to travel on my own) so that also adds up to the feeling, because I could not thank him enough for the trip :P I hope it all goes well in his relationship (and mine!). My SO has also met this friend of mine and he was also genuinely glad for this.

I am not sure how things will develop, but I'm hoping travelling will be easier now too since we won't be travelling alone and we are going to the same place.

So...just wanted to share this little story with you! I may not know anyone in specific in LFAD, but just as I was an inspiration to my friend, all you people have given strenght to me

Hope you guys enjoyed this Sharing happiness is good every now and then!

If anyone has happy stories to share, I'll be glad to read too

Awwww... this little story really made my heart smile this is the kind of motivation people in LDRs need. It's also great to hear travelling to visit your SO may be easier too... that's good Karma

Thank you for sharing!!

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

That was lovely to read! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Aww, thank you for sharing that lovely story. It was very heartwarming to read.

Comment

Glad you people enjoyed it!

Comment

Aww that made my day....
            sigpic
            Not to get clever
            but with you I see forever
            But whatever it is,
            Here's to you,
            I Love You Kid...

Comment

Great story to read and I'm glad you shared it

Comment

Thanks for sharing~!

Thing is, we all know that a LDR is harsh.
                So for me (and I think for a lot of us), seeing successful LDR is helping a lot.
                So many times I got so many negative comments from ppl saying LDR are meant to fail.
                That when I come here on the forums and read about ppl who understand, who made it work.
                It gives me often that lil push i need to keep goin.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories
                ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Must be nice for him to have someone positive in his life, it can get hard being around people so negative about LDRs

Comment

Working...
                  X