Anyone else feel this way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else feel this way?

I need to know if anyone else feels the way I do when your SO is leaving to go back home...

Everytime my boyfriend is getting packed to go back home I start to feel panicky inside. I usually cry but not always...this morning I cried and cried and felt so sad. Now that he is gone...I really dont know what to do with myself. Tomorrow I have my last speech and all I can think of is John.

John came on Saturday morning and we went to an amusement park...towards early evening I started feeling sad becasue he was supposed to be going home the next day...but he ended up staying until this morning...I dont know what to do...

I think I may be too attached. I dont know how to fix this. I want to be able to kiss John goodbye and not shed a tear when he leaves...

Any one else like this?

Even tho i can't possibly fully understand how it feels, since i've never got the honor of visiting my SO yet.
    But i can understand the feeling sad thing in another way.
    Like during a period i got really down and sad everytime she had to log out and go away.
    I still feel like that now and then, especially after we've videocalled eachother, because there are not many times we get to do that.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I dont know what to do. There isnt anything online that can help me. I need to stop being attached to John. I wish I wasnt sad...he is the strong one who never cries about going home.

Comment

But rly i see myself in you. I always thought if i was the one being too attached of us two, because she never got sad or cried or anything like that. Hehe pretty weird that the guy cries and the girl does not but i don't care
        I still have no idea how she does that. Cuz for me it was agonizingly hard.
        I actually found a bit comfort when i missed her too much by just going outside, i live in like a small village, so i just took a walk through the forest, that calmed me down.
        And i got into a habit of having monlogs. Like i was reassuring myself that we will meet and be with eachother and stuff like that.

So i suppose the only advice i have is try to think positively and do something you enjoy. I tried the whole keep urself busy all the time concept, and it didn't really work out for me. But i suppose it could work for you

Good luck in everything!

Comment

I get sad before me SO and I are going to apart again, whether I'm leaving him or he's leaving me. I start to cry usually the night before and the day of departure, never too much because I never want to make him feel bad that we have to be away from each other. When he sees me getting upset he'll pull out his phone and count the days until we see each other again and that usually makes me feel better.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I will try to stay busy and think more positively. Its just scary when he is gone...Im always worried something will happen at home and I will need him...

Comment

I do not think crying when you separate means that you are too attached to the relationship. If you think you are too attached, then there are probably other reasons why you think so too. In a way, I would say it is fairly normal because it is sad to say goodbye to the one that you love, but it may not be the best way to deal with the sadness. Both my SO and I have cried on occasion when parting, and that only makes it even harder. He used to cry at first before we would say goodbye, and that would make me cry too >.< Then, both of us would feel crappy the entire day and it would make me feel super depressed for a few days.

Now, we have a system figured out so that never happens anymore. We hug right at the airport check point and give a kiss, but we just try not to make it dramatic. We will both just go our separate ways. It also helps to do something special/fun right before you get ready to leave That has helped us a ton because it makes us leave on a happy note. But I might end up crying myself to sleep for the first few nights that he is gone.

Comment

crying

If crying makes you attached, then I take the prize. My SO left early this morning. He stayed for 2 1/2 weeks, which is the longest we have been together at one time (we have only been together a total of 6 1/2 weeks out of the 2 1/2 years we've been in a relationship). I have been crying and dreading the day he was going to leave since last week, and my head throbs and my eyes stink painfully from crying....and here come the tears again.
                However, I know that I can have today to mope around and cry, but starting tomorrow, I have to pick myself up and get on. Keeping yourself busy makes it so much easier because if you lay around looking at everything that reminds you of him, then it will eat you alive.
                So, no, I don't think crying makes you attached; I believe it shows that you are becoming closer to them. Have you discussed this with him? He may have some comforting words to say about it?

Comment

He said Im attached and need to let go...look at my Crazy thread.

Comment

I don't think there will ever be a time when you don't get sad when he first leaves. I'm always upset/crying the day my SO leaves and the following few days, but with each day it gets easier! I wouldn't necessarily say that you are attached because of it, you just love him and miss him when he's not around.

Comment

In my views, it's okay to be attached like that.It just means your love for him is really strong and you don't want to, in a way, be out without that loving feeling.And think of it this way..."Abscence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder".Sure, you miss him, and he's always on your mind, but that just means you love him, and that's good to be loving like that, because you don't want to be without your love...But that's just what I think
                      "Beauty Looks Not With The Eyes, But With The Mind." - Shakespeare

I'm the only one I'll ever need...I'm the Einzelgangerin

Comment

Working...
                      X