Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bit Of A Positive Update:

Hey y´all!

Miguel and I have been in a bit of a slump lately. It´s been a little over a year since "The Incident" with the other girl (Maybe some of you remember me ranting on here about that), and I realized that I haven´t gotten over what happened at all. Our love has never quite been the same since it happened. There has always been a small element of mistrust there, and any time she contacts him, I get into a rage. Not cool to either of us. And besides that, lately I have been getting mad at him for Every. Little. Thing. And I mean everything. "How dare you go home to Mexico to visit your family!" "Excuse me? Bitch please, how dare you not tell me you are watching television!" " You fell asleep on me while we were texting?!? Well fuck you!" (Even though he had like no sleep for a week...)

That really needed to stop.

Yesterday and today, our "arguments" changed. They because disagreements, where we both began to understand/make the effort to see each others point of view. We have been talking about everything that has been bothering us and hurting our relationship. He told me that he has always had a tendency to think purely logically, emitting emotions. A regular Mr. Spock, if you will. It´s not that he was ignoring my feelings, he just didn´t even acknowledge that I had them. I told him that I understood everything that he said to an extent, but explained to him that he needs to take into account MY feelings as well. I also told him, finally, that I was not okay with his continuing friendship with the girl that he once left me for, for sex. As much as I tried to find peace there, knowing she was still in his life (Even though I KNOW for a fact that it was ONLY friendship now) was hurting my chances of recovering from what happened.

So I´ve taken her out of my life. I respect her as a person, but right now, I need to look after MY feelings and MY relationship. They are more important at this point. And he has agreed to limit contact as much as possible. It would be rude to outright delete her from his life at this point, but he agreed to limit their communication to the max, and to keep me informed about it.

Suddenly, the once innocent and pure love I had for Miguel came rushing back to me. I remembered what it was like to feel this deeply for him.

I´ve found the one again
    Last edited by DemonxOisin; May 2, 2012, 01:34 AM.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

That's so good to hear. I hope it flourishes and you both continue to grow together!

Comment

Ah, brilliant! I'm glad you've found the resolve your heart had been searching for

Comment

It's good that you found the love for your one again! The end of your post seems really happy, so I'm happy for you!!

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that you've been able to work through these things and reach a point where you think you're making more progress. If I'm completely honest, I cheated on my SO in the middle of 2010, got intimate (but did not sleep) one time with some guy I'd been hanging out with. My SO was worried about it at the time but I told him it wasn't a problem. Turns out denial was my worst enemy in that scenario. I knew when it happened that what i was doing was wrong, but couldn't bring myself to stop. After it happened, and after all the fallout and emotions etc etc I felt like I would have been able to actually just have a friendship with the guy, but out of respect for my SO I cut off all contact between us. I imagine if I hadn't my SO, like you, would have had trouble recovering from the situation.

The point of my story, something like that is always going to take time to heal. It was almost a year after it happened to us before we got to see each other again. And though we had long been done talking about it, I don't think it was truly properly healed until that time when we could be together in person again and feel that trust. On my end, I constantly used to, and still sometimes do (though it's rare), worry that he might decide that he made the wrong decision in choosing to forgive me and stay with me. But he has stood by me through so much since then, and I'm honestly very lucky to have him.

So after all that useless info. I understand what you've been through, though it was obviously from the opposite end. It's great to know that you guys are working through it and making real progress especially with respect of each others feelings. Best of luck to you both.
          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I am happy that things are getting better! Best of luck!
            Sometimes it seems easy to forget the reasons we are doing this, or to lose the love you felt at first... It's always so wonderful when you find it again!
            Thanks for posting!

Comment

A mans mind simply does not operate the ame as a womans. they tend not to think with emotion. And until we dummy it down for them, they just dont get it. But so many times women just assume they get it, and then we ignore the hurt feelings until it gets so bad that we blow up.
              everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

I'm so glad you two were able to figure things out. That's what makes a strong couple.

Comment

Originally posted by subeasley View Post
                  A mans mind simply does not operate the ame as a womans. they tend not to think with emotion. And until we dummy it down for them, they just dont get it. But so many times women just assume they get it, and then we ignore the hurt feelings until it gets so bad that we blow up.
                  You shouldn't generalize that all men are emotionless and thick, it simply isn't true.

Glad things are on the up for the two of you

Comment

I'm so happy for you! I've been in a similar situation and it feels so great to just finally let go, doesn't it?

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Well, that's good to hear. Hopefully you two will continue to grow in love....
                      sigpic
                      Not to get clever
                      but with you I see forever
                      But whatever it is,
                      Here's to you,
                      I Love You Kid...

Comment

Im so happy you're making things work between the two of you

I hope you both keep going strong!!! U know you can always message me if you need to talk

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

That is awesome! That will only make you guys stronger. Best of luck

Comment

Really happy to hear it It must be such a great feeling to have sorted things out and to be happy again!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

The worst thing is when you cover up your true feelings because you feel like you should be 'over it' or ok with the situation. you HAVE to talk it out, doesn't matter how many hours you've already spent talking about it and trying to feel better.. When someone hurts you the patience they require to get back to that place of genuine love is a huge amount.

you also have to be patient with yourself.. It's very good to hear you've gotten to a much better place, but please don't mentally punish yourself or stuff the emotions back down if they surface again, for both of your sake it has to be out in the open.

By the way, how amazing is it to get that feeling back? that true pure love when there isn't any clouds and you feel better for moving through an issue together.
                              Met Online: February 2009
                              Feelings grew: January 2011
                              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012