Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leonsfangirl View Post
    This!!

I met my SO via a Facebook game so i love Facebook! without it i wouldn't have met my SO.
    I met mine thru facebook too!

Comment

I didnt strictly meet my SO through facebook, but it was certianly a catalyst in our relationship. It all started with one weird weird convo over facebook chat lol :P
      Si tu n'etais pas la
      Comment pourrais-je vivre
      Je ne connaitrais pas
      Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
      Quand je suis dans tes bras
      Mon coeur joyeux se livre
      Comment pourrais-je vivre
      Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
      Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

I think that if something like facebook has the power to destroy your relationship, that relationship probably isn't going to make it. Because... it's bloody facebook! Facebook, to me, is like the internet version of a large social gathering. There are some conversations that are "private" but then nothing is stopping that other person copy-pasteing that conversation somewhere public. You do need to be aware of what is coming out of your mouth - the same as if you go with your SO to a family reunion etc. People do see what others do on facebook and form an opinion about them as individuals.

We both use Facebook. I started using it when I went overseas the first time, to keep contact with my family/friends, and just never stopped. Obi uses it too. He had a deactivated account that an old girlfriend had forced him to create, which he reactivated to link with mine (his idea). He's a very private person, so doesn't use his facebook very much. Most of his friends are also my friends so I think he just relies on me to tell him if there's anything big on there he should be responding to I feel like a secretary! jks.

The only times facebook causes problems for us is when I share things that he thinks is inapropreate. I'm not a private person at all. I post if I'm upset. I post to keep contact with people. I post to learn new things about politics and religion. I post to tell the world how great a husband I have... but sometimes he thinks I need to be less honest. Like when I was talking to his family and I admitted to being angry that he hadn't listened to something I'd asked of him (For my pregnancy not to be made public) he believed I should have remained silent/ that I should never show displeasure with him or anyone else via social media.
        I see his point, because his dad sometimes takes issue with what I post on my facebook (like pictures of my house) and mentions it to him. But, I keep telling them that they can unsubcribe or unfriend me

I know it's hard not to be jealous, and not to stalk your SOs friends list. But I don't understand why a simple "Who's mary, I don't remember you telling me stories about her?" wont suffice. People ask me frequently who different people on my list are, not just Obi. It doesn't need to involve an acusation. And if you can't deal with your SO talking to people on a public platform where the world can see, how do you deal when you're walking through the mall and some exotic beauty he knew from his youth stops to chat to him for half an hour while you stand around feeling a bit awkward/bored? Because to me it amounts to the same thing.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
        X