He didn't get accepted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't get accepted...

My boyfriend just got an email saying that he's not accepted at the university we both applied to. I'm still waiting for a decision, but I'm running out of hope.
    I don't even know if I want to go without him... I honestly thought they would want him because he's from the US.
    I'm going to this city no matter what, and luckily he's been accepted at another college, but instead of minutes, we'll be an hour apart.
    I guess I should still be happy, because he gets to live here and it's a lot closer than we're now, of course, but I'm still really upset.
    I'm trying not to lose faith but it's hard. Sorry for the rant... I just feel awful even though I should be a little bit happy. And I'm nervous for my decision too...

Since you're both moving anyways, could you move to a place together in between where you both need to be? Each of you can commute a half hour to where you need to be. 30 minutes isn't a far commute at all for work or school.
    I triumphed in the face of adversity
    and I became the man I never thought I'd be
    and now my biggest challenge, a thing called love
    I guess I'm not as tough as I thought I was

Comment

For university college you have to live on campus, so he'll have to. He's going to study pretty close to were I live now. If I get accepted, I'll have to live on campus too. If I don't, we'll be kind of close but I'll have an hour commute every day. I wouldn't mind though. But for now I'm just sad that things didn't work out the way we hoped...

Comment

Oh, okay. I didn't realize they required you to live on campus. That sucks! Sorry things didnt work the way you planned. Even still, an hour isn't that bad.
        I triumphed in the face of adversity
        and I became the man I never thought I'd be
        and now my biggest challenge, a thing called love
        I guess I'm not as tough as I thought I was

Comment

I'm sorry he didn't get accepted. =[ *hugs* At least you'll be significantly closer though, so that's a plus.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. We have sorta similar issues where life seems to improve but we haven't hit that perfect situation yet, at least one day when it does happen for you, you will be 100% more appreciative.

Comment

Sorry to hear things aren't going the way you wanted them to. Never feel bad about ranting, since we all do it! It's human nature to be disappointed when things don't work out the way you hoped they would. I went through it with grad schools, so feel free to PM me if it's really getting you down. Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

I have similar issues right now. But an hour apart is pretty good going! Congratulations to him for getting into the other college though. At least he'd applied for a back-up plan university so that if not together, you guys could be at least much closer.

Comment

On the bright side, my SO commutes an hour each way to work a day. If he can do that, an hour to visit your SO on the weekends of even an evening once and a while isnt soo bad! Even though things don't always go to plan, there usually is some magical way of everything working out.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I know I have no right to complain, I feel a bit better now. He's okay with it, as the college he's going to will be great and he's excited. I already have an hour commute to my high school now every day, so I'm used to it. It's just the thought of such a qualified student being turned down that scares me.
                    I think it's not normal for a college to keep you waiting for so long... I know I can expect my decision any moment but they said it would be mid-april at first. I just want to know what and where I'll be going to study. I'm anxiously checking the mail... He's so intelligent and just a great personality. If they turned him down, I don't really see a chance for me... I guess I just have to be a little bit more patient.

Comment

Can you guys share a residence in the middle so that it's only a 30 minute commute for both of you and you can still be together?

Comment

Good to see that you're feeling better about this.

it totally sucks when you have an idea in your mind of how things will be and then it just changes because something goes wrong and you can't do anything. It is the suckiest thing ever..

But like Snow girl said - heaps of people commute an hour or more every day for work, it is completely do-able. To be honest, you could live in the same city as someone and still be an hour away! I live in a very sprawled out city and the suburbs go for miles in all directions and I was in a relationship (with an ex) which i would consider CD and it took an hour or more to get to each other :P.
                        Met Online: February 2009
                        Feelings grew: January 2011
                        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by LoveL View Post
                          Can you guys share a residence in the middle so that it's only a 30 minute commute for both of you and you can still be together?
                          Unfortunately not, because both colleges force you to live on campus. That is, if I get in. If I don't I might just stay home for a bit and then it will be an hour commute to college, but 20 minutes from him. So I'm not sure yet. The stupid college just has to let me know if they want me or not!!

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
                          But like Snow girl said - heaps of people commute an hour or more every day for work, it is completely do-able. To be honest, you could live in the same city as someone and still be an hour away! I live in a very sprawled out city and the suburbs go for miles in all directions and I was in a relationship (with an ex) which i would consider CD and it took an hour or more to get to each other :P.
                          Haha, since I live in Holland that's not quite possible. Within an hour you're almost at the other side of the country But yeah, I know it will all be okay in the end. Just have to choose between 1 hour commute to college or to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                            Haha, since I live in Holland that's not quite possible. Within an hour you're almost at the other side of the country But yeah, I know it will all be okay in the end. Just have to choose between 1 hour commute to college or to him.
                            Well are you two able to share a place? I know he has to be on campus but i have no idea how schools work over there.. so excuse my ignorance if it's not possible to share a place :P.

if you are able to share a place it may be worth commuting to college because you will only be paying one set of rent/etc.

on the other hand.. how much will it cost to commute? is it worth living separately to save on the travel costs to college.
                            Met Online: February 2009
                            Feelings grew: January 2011
                            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

The campus is owned by the university, and only has place for students. I guess if I'm studying somewhere else I can't live in his room. (Would be great though... We'll have lots of sleepovers, I hope.) Students get free public transport so it would be free anyway. Well, I guess I'll just wait for my decision so I can finally start making plans. Thank you for thinking with me!

Comment

Working...
                              X