I need advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advice!

I have been talking to an old friend who I like and I know he is interested in me, our friendship didn't flourish back then because we were dating different people and drifted apart.

He calls me at least once a week and wants to come see me in the summer
    We haven't set a date up yet.

I'm Kind of upset with him now, he's promised to try to call me everyday after a conversation that he initiated but he hasn't. I don't think he likes to talk on the phone very much and he is not computer savy like me.

I've tried to be patient extremely patient but he has not kept up his promise or the momentum.

Last Friday he sent me a text saying he will call me and haven't heard from him......
    How do I handle this? I don't want to blow up at him, I'm thinking his actions don't back up his words. And thinking he is irresponsible or just not in to me.

Help!

Life happens, and it might not always be possible to call every single day. Maybe try to get him set up on skype. If i can set my grandparents up on it, surely he has no excuse. Have you talked to him about it? Have you tried calling him? Maybe something happened and that is why he never called, it seems strange that someone would text saying they'd call then to purposely not call. I'm sure there is a good reason. But talk to him, It doesn't sound like you have.

Comment

No I haven't called him at least not yet.
      I told him a few months ago not to tell me when he was going to call to just surprise me.
      He lives out in the country and his area does not have cell towers
      His parents live next door and they have a computer. But it probably hasn't dawned on him to get Skype

Comment

He sounds to be a little more independent and removed from the 'technology world' and if you are LDR this will probably effect how often you communicate.

Are you prepared to get involved with this guy who may not be able/interested in daily communication? You should really ask yourself (before you get very involved) what you want in a relationship and if he represents the things you want.

It really does sound to me like this is just the way he is, he sounds like a bit of a country bumpkin/farm boy (yes, I know i'm generalizing A LOT) and he doesn't require constant contact to be satisfied, maybe he is also very busy with his life?
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

If hes not calling you as often as he says theres probably a reason. He might have busy work schedule or something. Just ask him really.
          And don't be afraid to call him. I find its good when both partners initiate this type of thing, it stops the relationship from being one sided.

Comment

Working...
          X